2020 Fat Guy Thread

LLB

Lil-Rokslider
I realized I was posting my fat guy weigh in on a thread over a year old 🤔 so I figured I should start one for this year. Please join in so we can give each other mutual support. No western hunt for this year, elk next year but I can't wait till then to get in better shape. Here it goes:

10/19/19. Start weight: 323#s
Today's weight: 229#s
Goal weight: 180#s

Down 2#s from last week. Good luck to everyone out there, hunting season will be here before you know it.

SpookySpectre308

Lil-Rokslider
I realized I was posting my fat guy weigh in on a thread over a year old 🤔 so I figured I should start one for this year. Please join in so we can give each other mutual support. No western hunt for this year, elk next year but I can't wait till then to get in better shape. Here it goes:

Down 2#s from last week. Good luck to everyone out there, hunting season will be here before you know it.

D@mn. Nice job!

Reactions: LLB

Mt Al

WKR

WTH?!?! (What the Heck, vs. F*#^)

Really nice job, very motivating! Congratulations

bmod93

FNG
This is awesome! Keeping crushing your workouts and eating healthy. Before you know it, it'll become a habit and not a chore.

Timnterra

Lil-Rokslider
I’ll join you, I’m super proud of your success I am bad about sticking with diet and exercise for more than a month at a time.
My start weight was #230 in February
Today it’s 214 my goal is 190

OP
L

LLB

Lil-Rokslider
Weekly check in. Still 227 lbs, no change this week. 1st week I haven't lost something, even a pound. But I'm not worried, hell I didn't gain :). Went for my DOT physical today, went very well. Doc was impressed at my weight loss and the fact that I've stopped my BP medication about 2 months ago. I monitored my BP at home with a cuff and brought in a list of my weekly BP measurements and a pic of me at last year's elk camp. 120/80 today at doc's office. My neck size went down from 19.5" to 15.5" since last year's DOT. Overall I'm very happy with the results. Good luck to everyone out there, hunting season will be here before you know it.

Just so ya'll know, the reason I stopped the BP med was because when I bent over to pick up something, I would get light headed. I checked my BP and it was 105/60. Stopped taking the med and a couple of days later it stabilized at 122/ 80. Kept exercising and losing weight and yesterday I was 117/75. I've been on BP med for 22 years now. Ya'll just don't know how that feels to get off of it. Just a daily multi vitamin now :).

Last edited:
Awesome job man. I started in January 2020 at 377 and am currently sitting at 331. I haven't been super focused since COVID hit, that and we had a baby at the same time, so my eating habits haven't been great for a stretch through there but Im back on the wagon hard. Dropped 3# last week. I have a mountain goat hunt first 10 days of September, so Ive been hiking in the mountains at least once a week with 65 pounds in my pack. Goal weight for goat hunt is 310 and then if it goes the full 10 days I should be under 300 for the first time since high school 20 years ago. My wife drew a crazy low draw odds (0.21%) for a novmber bighorn sheep that is a random draw lottery here in Alberta. This is for the area where a lot of the previous world records came from, so she is super motivated now to which will help me drop my pounds.

OP
L

LLB

Lil-Rokslider
Mountain goat and you know you have to be there with the wife for her sheep hunt👍. That sounds like motivation and a definite goal. Good luck to both of y'all on the hunts and keep up the workouts. You'll be ready.

Weekly check-in.
224 lbs this morning before hitting the road. 99 lbs lost since Oct 19, 2019. 44 lbs to target weight.

You're killing it! It sure is awesome to get healthy, I know I feel a lot better.

Started Oct 2019 @ 230, Currently at 192, shooting for 178. I started college at 204 lbs in size 38 pants and I'm now in 32/34s and under 200 for the first time in over 15 years. Here's hoping I can get the numbers moving again these days... I miss the gym.

Keep it up and good luck on getting in shape!

Dart368

FNG
A while back I was trying to shred some fat. I went to a nutritionist to get some advice since I was working out like crazy already. The nutritionist asked me how old I was and how tall I was and what types of exercise routines I did and I answered her.

She then asked, "What is your ideal weight?" Being 5'6" I told her "265 Pounds!" She looked at me with amazement and repeated it, "265 POUNDS?!?!" I said, "Yes, if I can be 265 pounds with 6% body fat why not?" She changed her question to "What is your goal?"

The point I believe is that the number doesn't really matter in the end. You could put on muscle which weighs more than fat and not lose an exponential number of pounds. Perhaps we should be thinking in terms of if your clothing isn't as tight as it was before or just how you look in the mirror while shirtless (Or naked if that's your thing). Or even with physical conditioning and the measurement of how it is easier to do something that was hard before like running, swimming, hiking, bicycling, etc.

But I know...I am the same way. I will jump on that scale and see if I went down, went up or am the same as yesterday. Sometimes it is a small victory for me and sometimes I kick myself in the behind if the scale goes up. But I remind myself, "How I look and how I perform is a better measurement of my body and physical fitness than the scale.

Not trying to rain on your parade, it is awesome you are losing weight and I hope you keep it up. Just giving another way of looking at things.

PS. Here are my numbers:

July 2019 Weight: 230

October 2019 Weight: 210

July 2020 Weight: 212

Goal: To lose more fat, gain more muscle and be able to hike up the mountain with a full pack and look good doing it! :LOL:

OP
L

LLB

Lil-Rokslider
Appreciate the advice but I was 323 lbs on October 19, 2019 at 5'9". By anyone's definition, I was grossly obese. I did get a cow elk though on that hunt 😁. The goal of 180 lbs is what I weighed when I got out of the Army in 1992. I feel better now, off of BP medication and just in general moving around a lot better. I have a regular exercise program that I keep changing and adding to as needed. I'll never be the shape I was in 1992 when I was 32 yrs old but I'm determined to be in the best shape I can be in when I hit 60 later this year. I won't be 180 on my birthday but I have to have a goal to shoot for. If I don't quite reach it, that's fine. It's the journey and the subsequent life after that's more important. I'm not going back to that person I once was.

One of the reasons I put this all out there was to add another layer of accountability on myself. Posting here helped me get up at 4:30 this morning to do my workout before driving and delivering my load. I guess my ultimate goal is to be in the best condition I can be in at 60 and all subsequent years that follow. I have a DIY elk hunt planned for next year followed by at least 2 more mule deer hunts and another antelope hunt. That's beside the whitetails I hunt every year. So I definitely have an incentive to get in shape. And I will not go back to that guy I was last year.

Dart368

FNG
Appreciate the advice but I was 323 lbs on October 19, 2019 at 5'9". By anyone's definition, I was grossly obese. I did get a cow elk though on that hunt 😁. The goal of 180 lbs is what I weighed when I got out of the Army in 1992. I feel better now, off of BP medication and just in general moving around a lot better. I have a regular exercise program that I keep changing and adding to as needed. I'll never be the shape I was in 1992 when I was 32 yrs old but I'm determined to be in the best shape I can be in when I hit 60 later this year. I won't be 180 on my birthday but I have to have a goal to shoot for. If I don't quite reach it, that's fine. It's the journey and the subsequent life after that's more important. I'm not going back to that person I once was.

One of the reasons I put this all out there was to add another layer of accountability on myself. Posting here helped me get up at 4:30 this morning to do my workout before driving and delivering my load. I guess my ultimate goal is to be in the best condition I can be in at 60 and all subsequent years that follow. I have a DIY elk hunt planned for next year followed by at least 2 more mule deer hunts and another antelope hunt. That's beside the whitetails I hunt every year. So I definitely have an incentive to get in shape. And I will not go back to that guy I was last year.

You are fricken BAD A$$ and I admire you Bro!!! (y)(y)(y)

Great job to you and the others who are working at losing weight. I started this year at 260lbs and I'm now down to 234. My original goal was 228 but I have since changed my thought process and I don't necessarily have a number goal in mind.. I just want to be healthier and feel better... Good luck to everyone!!!

Lee443

FNG
Good job! The dedication and life style changes of weight loss are hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk