2020 Father/Son Moose Adventure

SliverShooter

Lil-Rokslider
Yes it’s a Forager. That’s 403 lb of gear. With the two of us it was 703 lbs, as that’s what we weighed before getting on the air taxi. We had to sit atop the gear which was stable enough to paddle 3/4 to camp, the later we moved another mile. Paddling in heavy wind was work. In light to no wind a mile lake crossing took 20 mins. In 20 mph winds it took one day an hour & 20. We used a 3 piece paddle that we made adaptors to convert to two canoe paddles or one kayak paddle depending upon if it was one or two man using it.

What are your thoughts on the Forager handling a deboned moose (650-700#’s of meat), cape, head and rack, 65#’s of camp gear, and a 200# person? Im thinking that would exceed 1000#’s.

Asking because if I get a Moose this September, I will have move everything five miles down stream to my pickup point. I’d like to make the float with everything in one trip and not have to hike back up river 5 miles with a raft and make a second trip.

OP
mooster

mooster

WKR
Assuming adequate water, I think it’s doable if you utilize the interior storage for your camp gear, and moose on top. We had two men and all our gear so 700 lbs. on top, not inside, it seemed to ride fine draft wise. We felt a little tippy being perched on top so high, not taking the time to put our gear inside. The game bags would be denser and allow for a lower COG.

Redwood

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats on an awesome bull! Always makes for better stories and memories when you hunt hard and fill on the last day.

Catchfish

WKR
Great looking moose, palms are big on it. I would have thought he was bigger than 54” just by the palms.