2020 First Lite

Vrybusy

Lil-Rokslider
Very anxious (and waiting) to see what is new in 2020. I just started wearing First Lite for the first time this fall. I'm all in.....great clothing that fits the various conditions that I hunt in.

I’ll be happy to get the old stuff on clearance or in the classifieds when they release the new gear. I’ve been sewing up my obsidians for a couple seasons.

gjs4

Lil-Rokslider
Heard some bird/small game gear.

If someone has some bucks and wants to buy an entire FL asat collection- I’ve got in medium to large... most is like new or is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikear

Lil-Rokslider
I agree with the others who said windproof garments would be nice. The sanctuary is great as-is IMO, but the solitude set would almost replace it and be workable in a wider temperature range if it were windproof. Or the sanctuary set may be usable to even lower temps with a wind blocking layer.

I’ve never used zip off baselayers, but they sure sound awesome for those long treks to the tree.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I’ll be happy to get the old stuff on clearance or in the classifieds when they release the new gear. I’ve been sewing up my obsidians for a couple seasons.

What kind of thread are you using? My wife is a really good seamstress and I have a pair of their merino pants that have about 400 field days on them that need some sewing.

It’s a pretty crude by hand repair. My father in law owns an automotive upholstery shop. He and my mother in law put together a repair kit for me. I think it’s nylon based.image.jpg

Last edited:

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I love there clothes but they definitely need some windproof material in the whitetail line up!
Have you tried their sanctuary setup? I ran the sanctuary jacket and sanctuary bibs with their furnace long john top and bottom and a grid fleece underneath this season in Northern Minnesota.

An early cold snap came through and we saw temps in the -10 to -20 range with wind chill. There were some afternoons with 15-20 mph winds. I was plenty warm all day in the tree with that system and proper head/face coverage.

Have you tried their sanctuary setup? I ran the sanctuary jacket and sanctuary bibs with their furnace long john top and bottom and a grid fleece underneath this season in Northern Minnesota.

An early cold snap came through and we saw temps in the -10 to -20 range with wind chill. There were some afternoons with 15-20 mph winds. I was plenty warm all day in the tree with that system and proper head/face coverage.
Yessir I own that set. That is probably my #1 favorite set they make outside of the north Branch.

I agree the sanctuary is warm. I was gearing my comment more towards a mid season or softshell like the catalyst with windstopper for those days that are chilly but not quite cold enough for the sanctuary....the wind just cuts right through the catalyst unfortunately.

Meridian90

Lil-Rokslider
Yessir I own that set. That is probably my #1 favorite set they make outside of the north Branch.

I agree the sanctuary is warm. I was gearing my comment more towards a mid season or softshell like the catalyst with windstopper for those days that are chilly but not quite cold enough for the sanctuary....the wind just cuts right through the catalyst unfortunately.

This is the main reason I was forced to buy a Sitka Jetstream (I wasn't a huge fan of the fanatic color palette since I sit on the ground a lot). The jetstream is definitely not super quiet, but it's quiet enough to get to full draw at 10 yards this year. I wear all first lite minus the Jetstream and Darn Tough socks and love the way it fits.

Meridian90

Lil-Rokslider
There is an ash grey (or gray) uncompahgre on display on the hushin IG story. So looks like that is at least one of the new colors. Someone else indicated that they were going to unveil 16 new colors, which seems excessive, so my guess is 16 new pieces with additional color options.

Still hoping for windstopper shell, blaze vest or jacket and the merino beanies to be actually blaze instead of orangish.

The FL email I received yesterday said they’d have their 2020 gear on their website today. So far, haven’t seen anything...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tdhanses

WKR
Yup wonder when they’ll put it up? I like how Stone Glacier did it, in an email backed up by YouTube videos. Stupid how they try to not fully reveal their new products to consumers unless you go to a show.