2020 First Lite

Jdutton24

Lil-Rokslider
The solitude set isnt anywhere near windproof. I own it. Maybe a light breeze but 15 mph cuts it easy

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
As many have said, the new 2020 lineup is out there, however, keep in mind that they released additional products as the year progressed and they teamed up with some excellent companies along the way. So, be on the lookout!! I know for a fact that they are doing some cool stuff with Lacrosse.

LaCrosse released at ATA that they’ll have boots printed in fusion and cipher. Couldn’t find any official links on it so must not be super public yet. There may be some future releases of non clothing related items but for the 2020 clothing I’m pretty sure it’s all out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not Vegan

FNG
LaCrosse released at ATA that they’ll have boots printed in fusion and cipher. Couldn’t find any official links on it so must not be super public yet. There may be some future releases of non clothing related items but for the 2020 clothing I’m pretty sure it’s all out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LaCrosse told me for sale in fall.

SIGH... the Uncompaghre 2.0 still does not have a lined main zipper (despite being 3 oz heavier), so it will continue to dig its zipper teeth deep into the fabric every time you put it on in the dark. What a missed opportunity to make this jacket more bombproof.
Is this common? Has never happened on mine. I wear it every hunt and don't baby it. My favorite piece of hunting clothing.

Like the others, wondering how much better the 2.0 could be.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Is this common? Has never happened on mine. I wear it every hunt and don't baby it. My favorite piece of hunting clothing.

Like the others, wondering how much better the 2.0 could be.

Yeah I don’t get how you could zip the fabric into the zipper so easily. It’s like zipping up every other jacket I own... Never had this issue and my uncom sees a lot of days in the field.

woodson

FNG
I don't know if mine is just out of spec or quality control was poor, but this happens in the middle of the jacket about the level of the chest all of the time. Doesn't happen on any other jacket I own in case you are wondering if I have a 2 digit IQ. There is excess fabric at the zipper seam that gets caught in the teeth at that spot. I should probably just buy another one.

I don't know if mine is just out of spec or quality control was poor, but this happens in the middle of the jacket about the level of the chest all of the time. Doesn't happen on any other jacket I own in case you are wondering if I have a 2 digit IQ. There is excess fabric at the zipper seam that gets caught in the teeth at that spot. I should probably just buy another one.

I would definitely send it in for them to at least look at it. Searching around pretty hard I found exactly one review that says a zipper stuck, and that was on one of the hand pockets.

I had one and the fabric was prone to getting caught in the zipper too.. Not just you!

Meridian90

Lil-Rokslider
I had one and the fabric was prone to getting caught in the zipper too.. Not just you!

I own 2 uncompahgre jackets and 1 vest. My main zipper has never been a problem on either jacket, but I could see where there could be issues, as the fabric isn't exactly pulled away from the zippers. The hand pockets on the other hand... I've zipped into those several times. Always when in a rush though,

swampokie

WKR
Just wondering if anyone in the “know” has got some insider info on new stuff from First Lite this year ?

I keep hope alive that they will either purchase ASAT or at least license it again.

Obsidians with knee pads and rip coverage in critical spots would be nice.
Please bring asat back! Those of us members of the cult have nowhere to turn with the only option being ASAT Brand pricey junk

notacos4u

FNG
I agree with the others, I bought almost all my Firstlite gear in ASAT, then the next year, they announced they were discontinuing it.... I love ASAT pattern, I am always on the look out for ASAT gear from Firstlite

sneaky

"DADDY"
I gave up on FL a long time ago after everything basically fell apart. I was a dealer for them for a couple of years and replaced way more of their stuff under warranty than any other brand. Their base layers are nice, but merino stays damp for way too long it seems. I'm transitioning more over to synthetic layers because of how much faster they dry. The gray looks pretty good, but there really isn't anything in their lineup now that interests me. Well, their down glassing mitts might be worth a look.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Meridian90

Lil-Rokslider
I gave up on FL a long time ago after everything basically fell apart. I was a dealer for them for a couple of years and replaced way more of their stuff under warranty than any other brand. Their base layers are nice, but merino stays damp for way too long it seems. I'm transitioning more over to synthetic layers because of how much faster they dry. The gray looks pretty good, but there really isn't anything in their lineup now that interests me. Well, their down glassing mitts might be worth a look.

I feel like that is as much tied to people's mistreatment of anything labeled technical gear. They think that means indestructible.

Synthetics stink way too much for my liking, and they dont regulate temps as well as I'd like.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I feel like that is as much tied to people's mistreatment of anything labeled technical gear. They think that means indestructible.

Synthetics stink way too much for my liking, and they dont regulate temps as well as I'd like.
So, you're saying a customer getting into their truck and blowing out the crotch on a $180 pair of pants is mistreating their "technical" gear?

Meridian90

Lil-Rokslider
So, you're saying a customer getting into their truck and blowing out the crotch on a $180 pair of pants is mistreating their "technical" gear?

I can only speak to what I've seen. I've owned/own almost every pair of first lite pants, and the shortest lived one lasted 100+ days afield. Haven't ever had a crotch blow out. My obsidian wore out in the crotch after the aforementioned 100 days, but that's more to do with thick thighs as I've never had a crotch last long afield regardless of brand. Friends using first lite report the same about their gear.

I was merely offering a counterpoint to your post. If you dont like the gear you dont have to wear it.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I can only speak to what I've seen. I've owned/own almost every pair of first lite pants, and the shortest lived one lasted 100+ days afield. Haven't ever had a crotch blow out. My obsidian wore out in the crotch after the aforementioned 100 days, but that's more to do with thick thighs as I've never had a crotch last long afield regardless of brand. Friends using first lite report the same about their gear.

I was merely offering a counterpoint to your post. If you dont like the gear you dont have to wear it.
Their first generation kanabs were notorious for blowing out in the crotch and along the seams. It's the reason they started adding stretch panels after enough complaints and returns. Pure merino isn't durable enough for an outer layer and it's the reason you are seeing blends now. Their first generation red desert boxers you would be lucky to get one ten day hunt out of them. They've come a long way, but fool me once....