2020 fitness goals

twall13

WKR
May was a pretty good month for me as well. Got in a bit more hiking doing some Turkey hunting in a few areas. I was planning on doing a Murph yesterday but ended up too tired from laying sod all weekend, so I'll get that in this week sometime and report back.

Running Miles: 486
Hiking Miles: 93
Mtn. Biking Miles: 63
Total Trail Miles: 642 of 1,400 goal for the year.
Tot. Elevation Gain: 84,000 ft. of 175,000 ft. goal.

Still on track to meet my goals for the year.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

twall13

WKR
May was a pretty good month for me as well. Got in a bit more hiking doing some Turkey hunting in a few areas. I was planning on doing a Murph yesterday but ended up too tired from laying sod all weekend, so I'll get that in this week sometime and report back.

Running Miles: 486
Hiking Miles: 93
Mtn. Biking Miles: 63
Total Trail Miles: 642 of 1,400 goal for the year.
Tot. Elevation Gain: 84,000 ft. of 175,000 ft. goal.

Still on track to meet my goals for the year.

I did my Murph this morning but admittedly didn't go all out this time as I wanted to get in a few easy running miles afterwards. I was actually surprised how fast I was all things considered. 35:58 unweighted, breaking it up into 20 sets of 15 squats, 10 pushups, 5 pullups.

cman79

FNG
Turned 41 a couple weeks back. I’ve been going strong lifting and working out 3 days a week in prep for archery elk this fall. Between diet and exercise I feel better now then probably not long after high school. 20years of poor diet & beer took its toll. May have taken a planned hunt to motivate me but whatever it takes.

Usi05

WKR
You guys are awesome with your miles count!

I am down 20# in about 10-12 weeks.

Still running bleachers and hiking “the hill” with weighted back. Mixed in some 4 miles runs as well. Trying to maintain at least 4 times out a week.

Yoga and lifting has taken a backseat during covid. Not enough time to do it all with working extended hours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Half way though the year; my June was OK- 137 miles, which brings me up to 956 miles- not too far off the mark of 2020 miles. It would have been more, but a buddy had to cancel a 75 mile/3 day trip we had planned- I'm pretty sure it will happen this month though.

I did get back to the gym and back on the Wendler program, almost 3 month hiatus has me way back on the weights, but I'm confident it'll bounce back fine.

Highlights of the month included a backpacking trip with my wife (and Tiny Elvis), a long day summit of Crow Peak and three days hiking out of Forest Service cabin with the grandkids!

JjYHv7b.jpg

CtK35UA.jpg

qvCM2bP.jpg

hjPc5PT.jpg

rwFe9Vf.jpg

bg2Nvfd.jpg

P Carter

WKR
Great pictures!

Halfway done, hard to believe. I’m at 819 miles running/hiking and 284 biking for a total of 1,103. That puts me ahead of pace, although mileage will start dropping as I continue to transition to more hiking. Feeling very good, still 2x a week strength training and at least 50 push-ups a day, every day. Knock on wood, but I haven’t missed a day for injury or illness all year.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Knee cleanup 6 weeks. Ago tomorrow still on pace for 300k climbing and just short on 1500 trail miles.....get the gym to open and will be good to chase some nice bulls🥰F0509CED-D0E6-4068-BCE6-4CD4A91C039D.png1145FEF2-351B-4073-B25A-1230526276B8.pngF7BDC6EB-2D71-4666-97BB-7046E14EFB62.jpeg

twall13

WKR
Here's my update at the halfway point-

Running miles: 570
Hiking Miles: 105
Mtn. Biking Miles: 74
Total Trail Miles: 749 of 1400 goal for the year
Total Elevation Gain: 97,200 of 175K goal for the year

Still on pace, even with a week off in June. The next few months should be pretty good for mileage.

I also did my monthly Murph with a time of 34:18.

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hope everyone had a good July! I had a better June than July :), 172 trail miles- probably close to half with a 20-30# pack; didn't miss a strength training sessions (twice a week) and slowly building back what was lost with the gym closure

couple of highlights- 70-ish mile three day trip into the Scapegoat/Bob Marshall Wildernesses- bunch of it off trail

VSIhRZb.jpg

iMXV1wF.jpg

x3z0fgN.jpg

along with a three day backpacking trip with my wife and grandson

GDpfNe8.jpg

zdpPOx5.jpg

rpcksGl.jpg

if all goes well, August is going to be a very big month- mid month I have a 150-ish mile trip across the Bob planned- Hwy 200 to Hwy 2, following the Continental Divide- about a third of it we'll be following the CDT, a third following trails that take us higher and a third off it off trail up high- it's a very ambitious route and time table, but doable

P Carter

WKR
I had an OK month, still staying on track. Numbers are:

Running/hiking: 951
Biking: 335
Total: 1,286

That puts me on pace for ~2,200 miles for the year, over the goal, but my miles will come down some as the fall and winter approaches.

Still doing at least 1 set of 50 pushups every day, and have strength trained 2X per week, although now one of those per week is a muscular endurance workout with backpack.

Feeling really good still, fingers crossed that it can continue.

twall13

WKR
July Report-
Total Trail Running Miles: 670
Total Hiking Miles: 114
Total Mtn. Biking Miles: 99
Total Trail Miles: 883 of 1,400 goal
Total Elevation Gain: 115,000 Ft. of 175,000 Ft. goal

Still tracking to meet my goal. I just got back from helping with a Mountain Goat survey so I haven't done my Murph yet but I'll get it in early this coming week. At the moment my legs are too tight to even consider a Murph.
e276ba814567fae27434a5fa8da5585a.jpg
8f1c623bb0abcb028ecc449c35811a8a.jpg

Last edited:

Usi05

WKR
I got scouting trip in last mid August so I have amped up my hiking with weighted pack to 75 minute sessions up and down hill 6 days a week.

Still doing sprints 3x a week and doing body weight work outs .

Down from 217-185 and hoping to be under 180 by mid September when it’s go time. Have loosened up the diet last two weeks with grad parties.

You guys are awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twall13

WKR
Did my Murph this morning. I pushed really hard on the squats, pushups, and pullups and turned in a time of 33:59 despite running eight and a half minute miles. Not bad.

@crmiller84 how are you doing on your murphs?

crmiller84

Lil-Rokslider
Did my Murph this morning. I pushed really hard on the squats, pushups, and pullups and turned in a time of 33:59 despite running eight and a half minute miles. Not bad.

@crmiller84 how are you doing on your murphs?

Terrible, to be frank. Finally getting back into it after time off for a couple injuries/issues (inner right groin strain, right kne Osgood-Schlattters flair up, and right side ITB issues). I was working a run streak and made it 104 days of a minimum 1 mile/day, but completely ignored my stretching/strength conditioning. Then, after dealing with these pains for about two weeks and running through them, my A-race in October became the latest Covid casualtiy and got cancelled. Honestly, it was a mental blow I wasn't ready for, and I said the hell with it, I'm taqking time off to get feeling better.

Started back last week with easy running (still painful), yoga 4 times/week, ITB stretches, heavy bag workouts twice/week, and doing "all day for reps" Murph training twice/week. Last week went well, this week is starting off good, so just want to continue this momentum.

Having a small procedure on the 21st of this month that will keep me from doing a lot for that week, but hoping to get back to heavy running in Sept. and give a full Murph an attempt again late Sept/early Oct.

These past weeks have felt like a huge failure in metal toughness and fortitude to me, but gotta get back on the horse and stop feeling sorry for myself. On the plus side, I've maintained my weight and not gained, so I'm doing something right.

Awesome job to everyone who's stuck with everything this year. This has been my most challenging year mentally in a while.