2020 Friday confession.......

Laramie

WKR
I was hunting late Arizona elk with my hunting partner and my oldest son. We spot some elk and there was a spike in the group. I didn't care to shoot a spike so I handed my rifle to my son (he had never shot an elk) and I said shoot it, and he did. I put my tag on it.

Please don't tell anyone.
Sends the wrong message buck... Any elk is a trophy. Everyone should be proud to place their tag on when the are lucky enough to harvest. Disappointing to hear that.... ☹️

Scrappy

WKR
I was almost asleep when I see movement in front of me at 40 yards. I have hearing aids but still can't hear elk walking and moving through the brush. It was a herd of elk. Got my bow up and drawn just as my bull steps out from behind a tree at twenty yards.

RS3579

WKR
I gut shot 2 of the 4 animals I harvested this year! All open shots. The other 2 were neck shots. I can’t figure out what happened.

Jwknutson17

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I passed on two larger 6x6 bulls opening day only to shoot a smaller 6x6 on day 7. To my defense I had a 350-360 ish bull screaming at me from 80 yards with some cows. The two "satellite" 6x6s were probably in the 300 range. Shot a 270 on that seventh day. Lessen learned to not get too greedy.

Last edited: