2020 Has Been A Real $#!T Sandwich

Buckshotaz

Lil-Rokslider
Trying to stay positive with all the crap 2020 has handed us throughout 2020, with the virus, storms, fires and a gillion other crappy things. I wanted to see what positive things you guys have seen develop during the year, so far.

For me, these are a few of the good things that have happened for me:

• Built a shed, giving me the ability to organize all of my stuff.
  • My computer knowledge has increased due to working from home.
  • Lost all desire to watch The Walking Dead and the spin offs .
Please list any positive impact 2020 has had for you.

And if this post is a repeat from another, I apologize now.

Opah

WKR
So Far I have learned to Not have onions on My shit toco, so I wont have bad breath after I eat.
Really just looking forward to Sep 26th, A31 opening,, Archery either or Hunt, so ready

Wapiti1

WKR
Daughter bought her first house. I got to hone my carpentry, flooring and tiling skills. Still a bit of finish work to do, but overall, it came together well.

Installed power steering in my 1967 Mustang and redid the seats. So much nicer to drive.

Finally completed my double rifle search/project and have the barrel sets I wanted. Started load work up on the .375 Flanged Mag. That is going to be a fun rifle.

Leave for a moose/brown bear hunt in AK in a couple of weeks.

Slow summer with all the chaos and weirdness, but overall not bad for us.

Good luck to everyone and stay safe. This is a good year to reflect on and use for motivation. Think of all the times you said maybe next year, and that year ended up year 2020.

Jeremy

EastMT

WKR
Got spend time at home with family more than usual and my wife hasn’t stabbed me yet, so far.

Got a new silver lab for my young boy, and he is smart and a riot, and zeros in on any bird that flies by. Opens the door to let himself in/out if it’s no locked and he’s a pup.

Wife has been needing 2 new knees since college sport injuries, she got one in March, went very well. Next one in Jan, next time she carries her own caribou haha!

Moved for work and purchased a nice home, very comfortable and cheap.

My wife is a teacher, so doing home schooling hasn’t been near as hard as some parents, so that’s a blessing (because I’m a terrible book teacher)

Jimbob

WKR
I'm living in a good place to weather this pandemic. I feel bad that others have it a lot harder than me. I don't mind a challenge so I kind have enjoyed the change of pace/lifestyle.

In July I got a bunch of projects done around the house, very busy.
Then August I had three great hunts. My 12 yr old son took a stone on opening day, rifle kill at 56 yds. I killed my first archery goat a couple weeks later. It's been a great summer and I'm looking forward to the fall.

Sheep2-4.jpgDSC00647.jpg

92xj

WKR
I'm alive.
At 36 years old I just spent the last week in the hospital getting a new aorta valve, an ascending aorta aneurysm caught and repaired before bursting and a pacemaker. The doc had to do so much work within the heart that the electronics took a hit which caused the need for the pacemaker. This was mostly unplanned and came up 5 weeks ago. Sure did throw a wrench in the hunting this year, but I'm alive to see these two kids (2 &4) grow and hope to get in a November deer hunt and waterfowl hunts. Sucks missing elk season, but so be it. Things could always be worse.

BFR

WKR
Got my reloading room finished
Worked up 6 potential TTSX loads for my 06, and 5 for grandkids 7mm08
Finished downstairs laundry room
Built floor and motor mount for a raft
Did the landscaping the wife has wanted for 2 yrs
Almost have the exercise room done, just have to finish the drywall and paint

otherwise haven’t done a blasted thing

I know you are asking for positives but honestly this year has been top 3 worst years of my life. I've occupied myself by buying a ton of hunting gear the last few months though so there's that.

Looking very forward to a reset for 2021.

Fitzwho

WKR
I was lucky enough to change jobs in the middle of this crap voluntarily. Went from a District Manager at a company with less than 50 people and shrinking to the Operations Manager at a company with 30,000 worldwide.

Have stayed working from an office the whole time, But have still been able to spend more time with my wife and daughter.

Have tags remaining in NM and AZ, and already have a Pronghorn in the freezer after going 0 for 3 on last years tags.

I just finished building my house and moved in. I’ve got a good tag here in my home state and also a Colorado deer tag that I’m pumped on. It’ll be nice to get into the woods and try and forget all the crap we’re all dealing with! Good luck to everyone on their hunts this year!

*zap*

WKR
2020 is not over yet and the shit sandwich may be just the first course. Myself, I am used to making the best of things...this year has been a challenge in some ways thou.

Mule34

FNG
Nothing has really changed for me, my state didnt really shut down, the kids got out of school in April. Luckily the wife and I have jobs in hospitals so we were able to keep working. This is my first BIG out of state hunt. I havent ever had more than 10 days off in a row in probably 10 years. My hunting trip to Idaho is 14 days and I have a total of 20 days off from work. Im looking forward to what it has to offer. I have saw a couple of comments in here that make a guy thankful for what he has. Thanks for sharing guys.

BuckHunter24

Lil-Rokslider
Used work to take my mind off all the bs. Looks like my gross will be around 25k more than last year and I'm going to pay off both our vehicles this month. 850 bucks in payments each month gone will sure be nice.

My wife and I are building our own dream home. Neither of us started with any construction experience. It has been a real challenge but we are getting there. Hunting time is SUFFERING but hope it will be worth it in the end. I thought retirement was when you slowed down and got to do all the fun stuff. WOW, I never worked so hard in my life.

pntQqEA.jpg

Last edited: