2020 Hodgdon Manuel

cmahoney

WKR
I got an email from Mid South advertising the Hodgdon manual for $6.99. I went to order it figuring the shipping should be reasonable for something of similar size to a magazine but I was wrong.

944b8122920e937a807285d5639ec385.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought mine from a local bookstore because they always have the manual before any sporting goods stores.

The real "Oh shit" here is that books are by far the least expensive thing to ship using the mail. $2.75 to ship by media mail rate.

High shipping is old school, like broadcast TV. It's a dying concept and a poor customer service move.

Pro953

WKR
What do you think the margin is on a 6.99 book? Depending on how they ship between labor, packaging and shipping costs I would bet that 11.99 is not far off.

Let’s say for some miracle they get a 50% markup on a 6.99 book. So 3.49 in the pocket. Less .80 cents for box or packaging if they get it on the cheap end so 2.79 then comp your shipping even if they run it at USPS media -2.50 +\- so a whopping .29 in margin to cover order processing a business overhead. Where can I sign up for this business.

But by all means don’t buy it from a regional or smaller business when you can buy from a venture funded reseller that can function with negative profits for many years to feed the ever demand for growth. Then later complain that they have a shitty selection of the specialty items you need and do not support your firearm rights.

OP
cmahoney

cmahoney

WKR
What do you think the margin is on a 6.99 book? Depending on how they ship between labor, packaging and shipping costs I would bet that 11.99 is not far off.

Let’s say for some miracle they get a 50% markup on a 6.99 book. So 3.49 in the pocket. Less .80 cents for box or packaging if they get it on the cheap end so 2.79 then comp your shipping even if they run it at USPS media -2.50 +\- so a whopping .29 in margin to cover order processing a business overhead. Where can I sign up for this business.

But by all means don’t buy it from a regional or smaller business when you can buy from a venture funded reseller that can function with negative profits for many years to feed the ever demand for growth. Then later complain that they have a shitty selection of the specialty items you need and do not support your firearm rights.

Holy cow! I apologize for my post that obviously struck a nerve. You are right, I’ll head over to the LOCAL Walmart and see if they have it.

Last edited: