2020 Idaho Archery Elk

BradG

FNG
First off this feels like an online dating profile.

Its never to early to start planning your next trip. It looks like my current group will be disbanding because of older ages or changing locations next year.
I want to continue to hunt our current location (diamond creek) because its good hunting just a little work to get in.

I'm looking for 1-2 people that share the passion for back country bow hunting. I'm from southern Wisconsin and usually head out the 2nd or 3rd week in September. So looking for someone in my local area to share the drive and expenses.

Please message me if your interested. And no i wont give you my area prior to meeting.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Ran into quite a few guys from Wisconsin in Diamond Creek over the years. May have seen your vehicle lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
BradG

BradG

FNG
Yeah theres 4 groups that i know of. 2 from green bay area. One from the western part of the state and one from Milwaukee area.

clint6760

FNG
I would like to take you up on the offer being a newbie but I’m a little far away being from Arkansas. Haha. Good luck.

YZF_88

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve seen a lot of Sconnie groups up there! I didn’t want to make that drive...so I packed up the fam and moved!

SWOHTR

WKR
Whereabouts are you from? I know a Brad G from the Madison/Cottage Grove area (where I’m from) who runs an excavation company.

cravingame

Lil-Rokslider
I love Minnesota, can I still go? J/K!!! From NC...hunted 76 for 7 years straight. Looking to go back next year. What are you looking for...a hunting partner, guys to share camp with, a truck driving partner?

OP
BradG

BradG

FNG
Whereabouts are you from? I know a Brad G from the Madison/Cottage Grove area (where I’m from) who runs an excavation company.

I'm from Green Bay but moved to Waunakee a few months ago. Ive drove through cottage grove several times on the way to my family's old farm

OP
BradG

BradG

FNG
I love Minnesota, can I still go? J/K!!! From NC...hunted 76 for 7 years straight. Looking to go back next year. What are you looking for...a hunting partner, guys to share camp with, a truck driving partner?

Looking for all of the above. I would like to find someone to split the drive with but also camp with. Only looking for 1 of 2 more people

How quickly does 76 sell out? I've never hunted Idaho and probably wont for a while but I've heard that this unit sells its OTC permits in just a few minutes whenever they go on sale...is it midnight Dec. 1?

sneaky

"DADDY"
How quickly does 76 sell out? I've never hunted Idaho and probably wont for a while but I've heard that this unit sells its OTC permits in just a few minutes whenever they go on sale...is it midnight Dec. 1?
Yes. Last year it was about 8 minutes. They are talking of reducing NR permit numbers to a certain percentage in each zone. If they do that it'll be like winning the lottery to get a tag in that zone.

OP
BradG

BradG

FNG
Yes. Last year it was about 8 minutes. They are talking of reducing NR permit numbers to a certain percentage in each zone. If they do that it'll be like winning the lottery to get a tag in that zone.

8 mins is not correct. I bought mine at 6 am cst. But it is a hard tag to get. And getting harder each year

8 mins is not correct. I bought mine at 6 am cst. But it is a hard tag to get. And getting harder each year

Seems right. I know a few people that hunt that unit each year and they usually buy it within 4-6 hours and have been ok. When I see threads about it on here all I see is people saying the website crashed and 4 seconds later all the tags were gone. Seemed like maybe some "telephone" was happening vs. people who have actually purchased the tag in the last couple years.

Does seem like it will only be more difficult going forward. Seems like Idaho is in a bit of a transition phase. I really hope that they do not move to a PP/Bonus Point model. I love that Idaho and NM are still holding out.

There are tags in Idaho that are 8 seconds. It’s aftuallt just hope your computer processes faster than the last guy. Not sure about unit 76.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Seems right. I know a few people that hunt that unit each year and they usually buy it within 4-6 hours and have been ok. When I see threads about it on here all I see is people saying the website crashed and 4 seconds later all the tags were gone. Seemed like maybe some "telephone" was happening vs. people who have actually purchased the tag in the last couple years.

Does seem like it will only be more difficult going forward. Seems like Idaho is in a bit of a transition phase. I really hope that they do not move to a PP/Bonus Point model. I love that Idaho and NM are still holding out.
2014 I bought my Diamond Creek tag the 2nd week of August. 2015 they were gone in late June, 2016 it was April, 2017 it was February. 2018 second week of December, this year the first morning. I have a pretty damn good idea of what happens with Diamond Creek tags. It's gonna be a controlled hunt soon enough, or a late sale like the Sawtooth tags. Hell, when they reduce the NR tags even more it'll be like winning the lottery getting a tag if they cap all zones at 10% for NR. That would put Diamond Creek at less than 200 tags for NR. It'll be a circus when and if that happens.

OP
BradG

BradG

FNG
2014 I bought my Diamond Creek tag the 2nd week of August. 2015 they were gone in late June, 2016 it was April, 2017 it was February. 2018 second week of December, this year the first morning. I have a pretty damn good idea of what happens with Diamond Creek tags. It's gonna be a controlled hunt soon enough, or a late sale like the Sawtooth tags. Hell, when they reduce the NR tags even more it'll be like winning the lottery getting a tag if they cap all zones at 10% for NR. That would put Diamond Creek at less than 200 tags for NR. It'll be a circus when and if that happens.

You are 100% right on the time frame of the sales. I think next year will stay the same since idfg works on a 2 year rotation. After that.... no more over the counter.
Lets hope they can add a provision to give nr disabled veterans access

You are 100% right on the time frame of the sales. I think next year will stay the same since idfg works on a 2 year rotation. After that.... no more over the counter.
Lets hope they can add a provision to give nr disabled veterans access

Hey BradG what days will you be in diamond creek I’m an Idaho resident I can only hunt weekends I’m hunting solo right now in diamond creek and I need a partner cuz I can’t get these bulls to close the last 50 yards.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Hey BradG what days will you be in diamond creek I’m an Idaho resident I can only hunt weekends I’m hunting solo right now in diamond creek and I need a partner cuz I can’t get these bulls to close the last 50 yards.
His response was from last September. Might want to PM him and see if he's even got a DC tag this year. Sounds like you might need to tweak your setups a bit so those bulls can't see where you're calling from until they are in range.

MN Hunter

FNG
I'm from the twin cities area and I'm heading out Saturday morning at 4:00am heading to Diamaond Creek area, hunting solo.