2020 Idaho Unit 50 mule deer season

Looking at hunting mule deer in Unit 50 in 2021 and was wondering how it was in the 2020 season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nitsua

FNG
Huge country with very low deer density and moderate to high hunter pressure. I wouldn’t go in with the expectation of seeing many deer. If you are set on going, I’d recommend bringing leukotape.

Spoonbill

WKR
Looking at hunting mule deer in Unit 50 in 2021 and was wondering how it was in the 2020 season?

The influx of californians to the wood river valley drove all the deer into the upper part of the lost river range. My suggestion would be to climb Mt. Borah and glass from there, do you have a decent spotter?

Unit 50 needs a rest. Been OTC for way too long. Deer numbers are way low and good bucks are very hard to come by. You’ll see deer but you’ll definitely have to put in the time to kill a good mature buck. Hunted here all my life

Pistolpete28

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been looking at this unit for a few years.I’ve some research and escouted it. I had a winter scouting trip planned one year but wasn’t able to make it. I’ve come to the conclusion that Idaho is a tough state all around, and it doesn’t really matter what unit you are in. The unit you can hunt, scout, and focus on will be the best unit or worth your time. Good luck!

OP
C
Heaps of deer, all 180 plus. No pressure. If it’s ur first ever western hunt I’ll give ya the kuiu off my back and coordinates to all the honey holes.

ur welcome in advance.

Thanks for the great advice!!! Sounds like too many deer for me. Lol!!!!