2020 Montana Deer

MTguy0341

Lil-Rokslider
This won't be a big write up, but figured I'd still post. Hunted for deer a fair amount of days this fall. Passed up roughly 20 bucks from western to the eastern part of the state. I wanted to hold out this year for a good one. Maybe passed up a couple mulies that I shouldn't have. Anyways, hunted a ridge I've hunted for 10+ years. Always see whitetail in there. At the spot I wanted to be at first light. Started still hunting through the timber. See a two deer, one in the back is a good buck. Steps out, "boom" runs five yards and stops, "boom". Huh, wouldve thought he'd fall over. Walk up to the spot where I shot at him, he starts running down the hill towards me and stops 50 yards. Boom! runs off. Followed his tracks in the snow for three hours. Zero hair, blood, nada. Seen a different buck at 15 yards. Actually hissed at me. Chalked it off as a miss. Continued hunting. Cut a set of tracks farther up, started followed. Buck steps out and the rest is history. My best whitetail to date. And in the thick timber of NW MT.
EHfNodU.jpg

Wvroach

WKR
Nice buck! Any indication on rifle being off zero with the first 3 rounds?

matthewmt

WKR
Great buck! I have fri-sun to fill my deer tag, im in northwest MT, seems like mixed reports on rut activity.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Nice buck. It's always fun chasing mountain whitetail.

Shot mine on 11/5 and he was cruising about.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MtnBum

Lil-Rokslider
Great buck! The dark antlers and swooping main beams are an awesome combo. I’m also from the same part of mt. Took mine in a similar fashion at 35yds this yr.