2020 Montana Mule Deer

SoYoCo

FNG
I know this am old thread but nice MT buck! I’m planning on applying for tags this year, didn’t get my draw last year. What region did you hunt? We put down a lot of miles in 2020 in 700 on public and BMA ground. Best hunting experience every

Scottf270

WKR
Just remember the tags are gonna be hard to get unless guys drop out. There will be near 10,000 of us who didn't draw with a point from 21 and buying a second point going into 22. Also they save 25 percent of tags for zero point holders. Add in the new automatic "two preference point" outfitter guided hunters and Montana is gonna be a once every 3 or 4 year state if numbers hold. Sad.

OP
Mtwood24

Mtwood24

Lil-Rokslider
I’m going into it this year holding a bonus point as well. I like hunting that open country

SoYoCo

FNG
Same here MT. I was really surprised that I didn’t draw last year. We purchased our preference points and assumed that we would get out tags, but no such luck. It looks like that was the case for a lot of us. Has anyone heard what the forecast is looking like for the 2022 season? Im sure it’s to early to gauge herd health. We hunted south of the Missouri River the past few days of our hunt in 2020. Talk about killer views.