2020 Montana Nonresident Big Game Combination Odds

cgasner1

WKR
Blows my mind how they charge so much for a tag, yet say that printing on waterproof paper costs too much. Last time I hunted Montana I paid the extra money at the sporting goods store and had them reprint mine on the waterproof paper. I don't even think you have that option anymore.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

From my understanding they use to actually burn the writing into the paper and who ever makes the paper made a better paper so they would
Have to buy new printers because the printer isn’t hot enough to get a good burn into this new paper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone that got the combo receive their tags yet? I thought they were going to be mailed out by now but haven't seen them yet.

I have not received mine yet...but my outfitter submitted my application in a "party" application for all of their hunters. I'm wondering if they will receive the actual tag instead of me?

I did email myself a copy of all of my active items held for 2020, which shows that I have the combo tag, as well as a deer permit

slim9300

WKR
Anyone that got the combo receive their tags yet? I thought they were going to be mailed out by now but haven't seen them yet.

Got mine a couple of days ago. The new way is garbage. I feel like having a copy is almost smart. What happens if your tag gets soaked if the ziplock bag is damaged? It would be useless. Also, what if it’s pouring rain when you go to notch it? They should have continued with the E-Tag option like NM, since it’s just a BS piece of paper anyways.

fatlander

WKR
Got mine a couple of days ago. The new way is garbage. I feel like having a copy is almost smart. What happens if your tag gets soaked if the ziplock bag is damaged? It would be useless. Also, what if it’s pouring rain when you go to notch it? They should have continued with the E-Tag option like NM, since it’s just a BS piece of paper anyways.

1.) Have a back up copy somewhere (truck).
2.) Log down in the notes on your phone what you put on the tag.
3.) Put that messed up tag on the antler.
4.) Switch the messed up tag with the replacement when you get to the truck.

No warden is going to give you grief if you’re actually doing the right thing.

hobbes

WKR
Are they not watermarked in some way to prevent copying? A handful of copies may get you accused of planning to keep hunting. Just a thought.

I had to reprint all my turkey permits the day before season because they hadn't gotten to me in the mail. Bob Wards printed them on waterproof paper. There was no charge for the reprint at that time. I guess there was no charge because of the COVID holdup.

I got mine. Printed on a sheet of regular printer paper. Making 100 copies right now :unsure:.

Send me a copy? Just kidding. Mine came in the mail a week ago but I had also made a paper copy just in case. What Montana sent me I guess is actually the Carcass tag as it has the notches on the back side where as the copy I made does not and the other tag they sent has a hole punched in it.

sneaky

"DADDY"
From my understanding they use to actually burn the writing into the paper and who ever makes the paper made a better paper so they would
Have to buy new printers because the printer isn’t hot enough to get a good burn into this new paper

It doesn't take many $1k elk tags to buy a new printer. I doubt a new printer costs them $10million dollars. It's a lame excuse for MTFWP to say they can't afford a printer.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Can I just purchase the bonus point right now before the deadline as a non-resident? It would be $50 total for deer and elk or do I need to purchase a preference point? I'm confused on what I can and can't buy.