2020 Obsidian First Lite Merino Pant Durability

Holy necropost, Batman.

dragging this up to see how people are doing with the obsidians. got a couple of pair in early 2021. I love the feel of mine but they are wearing through at the crotch seam to the point that I am about to expose some brain.

In fairness, I haven’t touched base with FL to give them a chance to respond or whatever. Regardless, I was hoping to get a bit more than 2 years from them. TBH they haven’t seen all that many days in the field. Am i expecting too much from these pants in terms of longevity? I have some attacks and some Sitka pants that have been used harder and longer and are still holding up.

after dealing with the exploding kanab crotch thing a while back I feel like I (1) give up on FL pants or (2) just have to be prepared to rock out with my junk out, if decide to stick with them.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Blew out two crotches on the obsidians… they recommended going to the obsidian foundry, those have worked great

eltaco

WKR
Holy necropost, Batman.

dragging this up to see how people are doing with the obsidians. got a couple of pair in early 2021. I love the feel of mine but they are wearing through at the crotch seam to the point that I am about to expose some brain.

In fairness, I haven’t touched base with FL to give them a chance to respond or whatever. Regardless, I was hoping to get a bit more than 2 years from them. TBH they haven’t seen all that many days in the field. Am i expecting too much from these pants in terms of longevity? I have some attacks and some Sitka pants that have been used harder and longer and are still holding up.

after dealing with the exploding kanab crotch thing a while back I feel like I (1) give up on FL pants or (2) just have to be prepared to rock out with my junk out, if decide to stick with them.

You already provided yourself with the correct answer. Go with Kuiu or Sitka and never look back. I have some Attack pants that have been in my rotation for around a decade, give or take, and have zero of these concerns.

You already provided yourself with the correct answer. Go with Kuiu or Sitka and never look back. I have some Attack pants that have been in my rotation for around a decade, give or take, and have zero of these concerns.
Are Kuiu Attack merino?
I have FL Corrugates that have been my only camo pants for about 8 years and they're just now starting to pill and they've seen a lot of sagebrush along the way.

So looking back, one of these pair were a warranty replacement for my old kanabs and I bought another pair. these were the only FL pants I really like - corrugates were meh and the corrugate foundry are good but don’t fit me as well as Kuiu ad Sitka. Gonna submit a warranty claim and if the say no, then I think I may be done with FL pants. I like the wool performance but $190 is spendy for pants that wear through after 2 years of moderate use IMO. As @eltaco mentioned, I have Attacks that have seen the same level of use for 4-5 years and are going strong.

So FL gave me store credit for both pairs of pants and recommended I go with the foundry version For more durability. While I don’t love the fact that the pants wore out as fast as they did, FL stood behind the product and made it right.