2020 Second Archery Colorado Drop Camp Hunt - Gear List

iowawhitetailnut

Lil-Rokslider
Great list guys, thank you! I am planning a First time diy pack in elk hunt as well and compiling a gear list. I wont have horses so need to be more careful with weight in my pack.

Gapmaster

WKR
There are a ton of gear list videos/ threads out there. Check out several different ones for different ideas. With it being your first time it may seem like a daunting task. I promise you will take several items that won’t make the trip again. Always seems to go that way. Super light means $$$, but there are tons of good budget gear options out there. Personally I wouldn’t compromise on boots, pack, optics, or my sleep system. Good luck and good hunting

Tobe_B

Lil-Rokslider
Check with the outfitter for what is provided in camp. We always supply cots, so you may not need yours. Cooking and eating utensils will probably Be supplied as well. Check with the outfitter about the water situation. Water may be supplied and you may not need any of the water filtration stuff either.

Nothing is harder for an outfitter than guys showing up with too much gear and trying to sort through it and load animals.

Get a bow sling. It’ll make it safer getting your bow to camp riding a horse, and bring a case for your arrows and broadheads. Do not leave your broadheads on your bow while riding in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk