2020 setup! Finally dialed in!

Hi All!
I thought i'd share my final build as I've received so much help from everyone and want to contribute something.

With the following setup I'm getting awesome dart-like arrow flight and hitting dead square consistent tight groups (within my personal ability at 25 yards)....and its quiet! All of this is based on my 46# at 27" draw length shooting a broadhead outdoors in the weather.

BOW:
19" Hoyt Satori - wood grip removed and replaced with hockey tape
50# Medium Uukha Saiga limbs (measure 46# at 27" on my homemade draw scale)
endless loop string
8 3/16" brace height (note: i'm not using the wood grip. I have a 2 layers of hockey tape on grip)
Micro adjust springy rest w/ 25 oz spring
nocking point is 5/8 above level from rest --- shooting 3 under with tab
arrow rest is set to perfect center shot

ARROW:
500 spine
.300 Victory Vforce
Length = 28 1/8" (measured from throat of nock to end of cut shaft)
316 total point weight ------(50 grain brass insert / 190 grain Tuffhead broadhead / 75 grain Tuffhead broadhead insert)
4x 90* feathers cut at 2.75" length
Total arrow weight = 524 grains (this gives me 11.39 gpp, which gets me to my desired 11-12 gpp goal)

sneaky

"DADDY"
You gotta post pics of your setup when you go into that kind of detail lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Beendare

WKR
Well no doubt the rest makes tuning much easier and more forgiving, but I'm surprised 500's work for you with that much weight up front..

I shoot such a long arrow, 3 " longer than yourself, its hard for me to judge....but I shoot 340's with less tip weight.

The fact it shoots lights out is key....nice!

______

OP
shoeshineman
Well no doubt the rest makes tuning much easier and more forgiving, but I'm surprised 500's work for you with that much weight up front..

I shoot such a long arrow, 3 " longer than yourself, its hard for me to judge....but I shoot 340's with less tip weight.

______

Ya I tried 600 and 400 and those were flying very crazy. Even completely missing the target or hitting damn near perpendicular to the target. My guess is that it has something to do with the centershot. If I were shooting off the riser like a selfbow/longbow, or anything requiring a lot of paradox, I'm sure I would need something completely different. None of the calculators were even close for what I needed. I dont think they are configured for heavy front weight and true center shot. Not only am I getting consistent tight groups, I'm getting a minimum of 4" of penetration into my dense block target with the tuffhead.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I haven't found any of the online calculators to be remotely close to what actually works out of my bow. They are skewed heavily towards 125gr heads and maybe a 50gr insert. The online calculators say my arrows should end up somewhere in orbit lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

______

Springy rest, short arrow and draw are probably helping him substantially. I cut my compound arrows 1-1.5'' shorter than draw and step a spine up, then add 50+grains to the rear of the arrow. So my compound is 29'' 74# and the arrows are 350's@27'' with 175 up front and 53g on the rear.