2020 Sheep Meatpole

AD1A4418-4CD6-4F83-B8F3-637BDD8BB05D.jpeg5618391E-BA63-4376-9097-DC42B8C23FC7.jpegClosed the deal on 8/12. Had this guy spotted 8/8 and just had to wait. Made a stock on 8/11 and once we got above his bed, we could see hunters in the valley that must have bumped him. Rain and fog was nearly constant for the 8 days we were out - earliest we ever could glass was 10 am.

Highlight of the hunt was hunting with my youngest brother. I left “home” when he was 9. Fifteen years later and he’s a commercial pilot and planned to move up this spring before Covid crushed the airline industry. Still came up to visit a few weeks to fish and tag along sheep hunting. It was great kinda getting to know him all over again. Good sheep partners are extremely hard to find, and he was the real deal and up for anything. 140 lbs soaking wet and packed like a champ - all 16 hours back to the rig with a sheep through a couple saddles! I look forward to the day he can move up and we can really get after it in a cub!

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
One down, one to go.

8645490ddbd88708d73b3c70b6049afc.jpg

Congrats on the archery ram. Great accomplishment. I am the guy you met at pikes and rode to the airport with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wildwillalaska

Lil-Rokslider
Nugs nailed it. We were in a general harvest area. Fly into TMA tomorrow, weather permitting to see if we can find one for the misses. Reports so far out of the TMA less than stellar and looks like we’ll get to put the ol’ raingear to work again.

Envious of all those that were successful! My first Dall hunt in the Alaska Range- but apparently winter kill in our area was real bad- outfitter treated us right and was up front with us. Despite lack of animals, it was a fantastic trip. Got the full benefit - just without pulling the trigger. I'll be back. I'm hooked.