2020 sick of all the negativity.

OP
Siscokid10
Similar to the OP, yesterday was my last day in COVID isolation. The positive test result was my 50th birthday present. Still thankful that this was milder than any flu I can remember. I'm getting the hell out and shooting my bow this afternoon.

In August I shot my first velvet mule deer in AZ with a bow. That night I had a dream about my dad who'd passed on a month earlier and cried half of the next day.

Earlier this month I killed my first AZ bull elk after 3 seasons and 38 days in the field. Amazing hunt, this one was dedicated to a hunting friend who unexpectedly passed in May at 30 years old.

Looking very forward to being with friends and family for New Year's.

ps to the OP, check out the new Scheels in EP, it's 10 times better than any Cabelas.
I've heard the Scheels in EP is fantastic, on my list to visit after isolation.

I've realized that almost all media these days pushes negativity and most of the crap is just pushing an agenda. We are close to freedom of speech disappearing. Reflecting back on this year, I will try my hardest to become a much more positive person and delete all negative outlets such as Google, fb, Twitter, YouTube, mainstream news, etc... It is easy to be negative and report negativity. The positive news and being positive is much more powerful. The glass will always be half full from here on out.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Sevens

WKR
I have gotten to work from home since March; which has been great as it gave me a ton of time with my wife. I usually am at the office 12+ hours a day, but this year I had lunch with my wife every day and usually a walk in the evening with her around the neighborhood.

Being home all day was also especially great as we also had our first kid this year. Have gotten to see her every day and truly love being able to walk one room over to give her a kiss and interact with her.

There have certainly been other aspects not so great, but for an introvert like myself, being asked to work from home and avoid people is pretty much what I’ve been trying to do since I graduated college. Will be nice when we can see friends again, but I sure hope I never have to go back to my cube in the office.

Beendare

WKR
I've realized that almost all media these days pushes negativity and most of the crap is just pushing an agenda. We are close to freedom of speech disappearing. ....
Yep...you nailed it. Our attitudes and opinion being shaped daily on all media....But it doesn't have to be that way as there are ways to research the truth.

It surprises me how easily the population is being manipulated currently.

An example; a local well respected doc [Army doc in 2 wars and head of Trauma center here locally] was fired for questioning the severity of the restrictions for everyone. There is no room for discussion outside of the popular agenda. Sad state for Americans.

When it comes to Covid facts; your county health dept....the CDC and Johns Hopkins print actual facts....and what you will find; If you are under 75 in reasonably good health, your chance of surviving Covid are 99.7%
If you are older and/or have underlying health conditions.....be extra careful.

Rob5589

WKR
I've realized that almost all media these days pushes negativity and most of the crap is just pushing an agenda. We are close to freedom of speech disappearing. Reflecting back on this year, I will try my hardest to become a much more positive person and delete all negative outlets such as Google, fb, Twitter, YouTube, mainstream news, etc... It is easy to be negative and report negativity. The positive news and being positive is much more powerful. The glass will always be half full from here on out.

Agreed. I haven't watched any news in weeks and it has been refreshing.

IdahoElk

WKR

I got rid of the TV 20yrs ago, never Facebook or Twitter. The most negativity I see in my world is from the local liberal news rag and it’s in your face about the agenda they’re pushing, if things go the way they’re advocating we as a country are truly screwed.
God help us

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I got rid of the TV 20yrs ago, never Facebook or Twitter. The most negativity I see in my world is from the local liberal news rag and it’s in your face about the agenda they’re pushing, if things go the way they’re advocating we as a country are truly screwed.
God help us

Wow- thanks for that positive outlook!

I totally agree man. I just got sent some "files" from a local militia... what the hell is going on? Looks an awful lot like a globalist takeover of communism. They are taking away the first amendment then we all know what comes next. Here in NY, Cuomo is passing bills to ban body armor and deem you a public threat if you don't take the vaccine. They can put you or your kids into a camp.... sounds like history is repeating itself. Time to rally together and for the ones in a free state, enjoy it!

Cbrick

FNG
I cut off social media (except for this) and got rid of cable. Replaced with more exercise, better sleep schedule, and more outdoors time. One of the best years of my life so far honestly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, the sports thing sucks because I love football. Screw the woke NBA . My team (packers) and hometown team (Bills) look good this year. The biggest thing is to cut the cord on all these channels like CNN, NBC, etc and get rid of twatter, fb. Etc....

jlh42581

WKR
I shut down all social media except youtube and hunting/fishing forums. Its getting pretty unhealthy even with hunting and fishing in social media. Guys are doing it for all the wrong reasons and I refuse to feed that when this is who I am at my core.

People I care about call me and text me regularly. The rest are just static.

Clarktar

WKR
If you want to understand negativity and divisiveness, watch the Social Dilemma on Netflix.
I appreciated the view into social media platforms that documentary provided. Inspired me to look into other sources of information and books to read. Very interesting.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Rsnyder

FNG
Mostly good read. Agree unfortunately about the media.
On the positive side wife's reconstruction surgery went well and cancer free, 21 year anniversary for us and got Idaho OTC for September's first elk hunt. Essential in two well paying jobs and family is good. Overall thumbs up. Happy New Year everyone!

Good deal about the cancer free!!!!!!! F*** cancer!!!!!!

The Greatest Spectacle in Motorcar Racing
Mostly good read. Agree unfortunately about the media.
On the positive side wife's reconstruction surgery went well and cancer free, 21 year anniversary for us and got Idaho OTC for September's first elk hunt. Essential in two well paying jobs and family is good. Overall thumbs up. Happy New Year everyone!
Cancer sux! Congrats on your wife’s surgery and results!

Sawfish

Lil-Rokslider
My Dad used to say: "...From the day you were born, until you ride in the hearse, things are never so bad, that they couldn't get worse,,:.. Embrace the positives in your life, and change the negatives.