2020 Wy muleys

WISCO TIM

FNG
I and couple of friends have 9pp for deer in Wyoming this year. We have been planning on applying for area 34 north east of Casper as a first choice. I hunted it in 1995 and went with a guy that lived out there years ago. I was pretty young but we had a pretty good hunt. I am pretty sure we should have good chance of drawing it with a special. I hunted general Area E (94) in 2018 on a 2nd choice draw and found some bucks but do not see that area on the map anymore. It looks like its general area L now. Any opinions on my plan first or second choices?

I and couple of friends have 9pp for deer in Wyoming this year. We have been planning on applying for area 34 north east of Casper as a first choice. I hunted it in 1995 and went with a guy that lived out there years ago. I was pretty young but we had a pretty good hunt. I am pretty sure we should have good chance of drawing it with a special. I hunted general Area E (94) in 2018 on a 2nd choice draw and found some bucks but do not see that area on the map anymore. It looks like its general area L now. Any opinions on my plan first or second choices?
You're correct that 94 is now L. GoHunt draw odds don't show it as a second choice chance of drawing anymore. You boys figuring to do special draw for sure?

I've had my eyes on 34 for about 5-6 years now. Have spent a bit of time on the unit just looking around. Always seem to be a point behind drawing though. I'm also going in this year with 9 points and will be hunting it solo if I draw.

One thing I did just see - if I'm reading it correct on the Wyoming Hunter Planner they have the proposed tag numbers out for 2020 and for 34 it appears they cut 50 tags. So might be even harder to draw this year??

Good luck to you on your draw.

OP
WISCO TIM

WISCO TIM

FNG
It says I have to have 10 posts on other threads to be able to update and then PM.
I will text you Thanks
I've had my eyes on 34 for about 5-6 years now. Have spent a bit of time on the unit just looking around. Always seem to be a point behind drawing though. I'm also going in this year with 9 points and will be hunting it solo if I draw.

One thing I did just see - if I'm reading it correct on the Wyoming Hunter Planner they have the proposed tag numbers out for 2020 and for 34 it appears they cut 50 tags. So might be even harder to draw this year??

Good luck to you on your draw.
The points creep we have been chasing sucks. Always seem to be 1 behind. Good luck to you also. We have decided this may be the last mule deer draw in Wyoming we will enter. Antelope maybe but 1000 skins to have a decent deer hunt is starting to ware on us. Considering I killed 7 this year in WI for $50 one mile from my house. Its really not about the deer itself.

Kiedro

FNG
You can call or text me if it’s easier also. (208)521-1848 Terry
BeaverHunter, I would be curious to hear what caliber bucks you saw during your hunt in 34. Would you mind if I texted you and we can chat quick? I spoke with the biologist, but would like to hear what it looks like with boots on the ground during hunting season. With this many points invested, I would like to hold out for a respectable buck. I shot a mid 150's buck on a MT general tag last year, so want to have a solid shot at something bigger. - Tyler

BeaverHunter, I would be curious to hear what caliber bucks you saw during your hunt in 34. Would you mind if I texted you and we can chat quick? I spoke with the biologist, but would like to hear what it looks like with boots on the ground during hunting season. With this many points invested, I would like to hold out for a respectable buck. I shot a mid 150's buck on a MT general tag last year, so want to have a solid shot at something bigger. - Tyler
Feel free to call or text me anytime

rtoreson

FNG
Our group cashed in our points a couple years ago on that unit. We saw a ton of bucks but very few big ones. It’s a fun hunt for sure. The weather was crazy warm the whole season that year as well. Most guys will drive the roads and shoot a small 140-150 class 4pt. We saw a bunch hanging in camps. There r bigger bucks around though. I’d find nice looking areas in between roads and start hoofing it.

harleymc

FNG
My brother and I also put in for this unit, we're at 12.5 points combined, so quite confident we will draw. I know many will say this unit isn’t worth that many points, but if you don’t have max points you have to settle, and I’m tired of sending WY money to always be a step behind. I’m sure I’m not the only one here in this situation! Tim, maybe we can compare notes once we’ve done our respective research. I’m pretty sure there is room in this unit for all of us – especially if we coordinate our efforts.