2020 Wyoming Hunt Area Leftover OTC Licenses

Aubs8

FNG
Hi folks. The unit I am looking to apply normally has leftover OTC NR Type 1 licenses which can be purchased in July.

I have the NR PP Draw Report and the NR Leftover Draw report.

Is there another report that shows how many OTC NR licenses were sold in a Hunt Area in 2020?

Also, do people expect the number applications to come down after last year's high number?

Thank you.
Mike

wytx

WKR
I would say probably a reason so many licenses are left over after the draw.
I would email the biologist or GW and inquire about the elk hunting in that area.

Laramie

WKR
One other thing that occasionally adds to the number of leftover permits is a major change in quota. I saw that in one area last year. That typically only lasts one year until everyone realizes the numbers changed. Some have suggested there will be fewer people in the field this fall but I seriously doubt it. Plan on point creep to continue indefinitely.

Hey Mike. Congratulations on last year’s bull. A dandy! Hope I was able to help some.

One other reason for leftovers can be grizzlies. Not sure where you’re looking but consider that. Lots of people didn’t hunt last year because of Covid and I think with less restrictions and paranoia there will be more applicants this season.

You know you can always email or call. I can help you with Wyoming too. Good luck.

OP
A

Aubs8

FNG
Thank you, Joe, and thanks again for all of your help! You were spot on! :) I really appreciate it!

Mike