2021 AK haul road and caribou report

I have been up there the past three weekends. Not many caribou around compared to this time last year, but there are some and if you are patient you'll get a chance. I wish people knew not to interrupt other peoples stalks, but it continues to happen. If you see caribou from the road, near the road, etc. and there is a truck already parked there... just keep driving instead of messing it up for them.

Another Tip.. if there are (and there were) 1000 caribou 2 miles off the road, or more and they are slowly feeding/walking towards the road, don't run out there after them cause it'll just turn them around instead of all of them coming right to you...

I saw several dead bulls in peoples camp this past weekend, so they are around.

I got this one on Saturday morning in one of my favorite places to stalk caribou up there. 10 yard shot after a really fun stalk. 2021 Caribou 1.jpg

I have been up there the past three weekends. Not many caribou around compared to this time last year, but there are some and if you are patient you'll get a chance. I wish people knew not to interrupt other peoples stalks, but it continues to happen. If you see caribou from the road, near the road, etc. and there is a truck already parked there... just keep driving instead of messing it up for them.

Another Tip.. if there are (and there were) 1000 caribou 2 miles off the road, or more and they are slowly feeding/walking towards the road, don't run out there after them cause it'll just turn them around instead of all of them coming right to you...

I got this one on Saturday morning in one of my favorite places to stalk caribou up there. 10 yard shot after a really fun stalk. View attachment 315019
Outstanding Photo and Result! Rock, Flag and Eagle!!

FlyGuy

WKR
I’m dying to do this hunt. I have in mind to do it for my 50th birthday (I turn 48 later this month).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

slick

WKR
I know of two fellas that were able to get it done in the last 3-4 days. I'm sure people will see pictures of it at some point.

DBrophy33

FNG

I got this one on Saturday morning in one of my favorite places to stalk caribou up there. 10 yard shot after a really fun stalk. View attachment 315019
Heading up this weekend. Did my first trip last year and harvested two bulls! We hung out around pump station 2 mostly but I found the stalking with the pipeline a little weird. Effective but weird. Any areas (not asking for your favorite spot) you'd recommend spending some time in? TIA

The haul road was good to me. First trip to AK, first caribou. Got him on the second day of our trip (Aug26). A big thanks to everybody that’s shared info about caribou and the haul road on here, and to the ones that I spoke with in private. It was everything I‘d hoped for and then some. I’m absolutely thrilled with my bull and the whole experience. I will be back.
My partner wasn’t able to connect, but he was in the game more than once. 9082090E-C8F5-47A5-92BB-C1184CE0AF55.jpeg29EC669D-8748-42B8-8B55-687978AD071E.jpegC1193AC8-67ED-4EEB-ABEA-149F1402E8D9.jpeg

OP
Corey Paulsen (teamkabob)
The haul road was good to me. First trip to AK, first caribou. Got him on the second day of our trip (Aug26). A big thanks to everybody that’s shared info about caribou and the haul road on here, and to the ones that I spoke with in private. It was everything I‘d hoped for and then some. I’m absolutely thrilled with my bull and the whole experience. I will be back.
My partner wasn’t able to connect, but he was in the game more than once. View attachment 323621View attachment 323622View attachment 323623
Great job!