2021 B-Zone outlook

I understand the "Go hunt anyways" mentality but what happens when you need to submit your tag or get it validated somewhere and you were illegally hunting during a forest closure?
Yea i tend to agree with this. Breaking the law is cool and all until you get caught and your hunting license is revoked for the next five years.

cjdewese

WKR
Last year every forest within my zone was closed and there isn't any BLM that holds deer so I wouldn't have had that option.

For what game violation?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Wouldn't it be similar to shooting a deer on private property that you don't have permission? You would get a trespassing charge and probably have your license revoked for an illegal take of game.

I don't know this for a fact, just spitballing here. I'm also very frustrated with the closures.

amassi

WKR
Wouldn't it be similar to shooting a deer on private property that you don't have permission? You would get a trespassing charge and probably have your license revoked for an illegal take of game.

I don't know this for a fact, just spitballing here. I'm also very frustrated with the closures.
Nope

3pointer

Lil-Rokslider
Closure sucks and all , the big picture is that every year this is becoming more common, your telling me 20 years ago it wasn’t a fire hazard having people utilizing the forest for recreation ?? there’s no difference today then there was then, ok dryer fuels , but it’s not the first drought we’ve ever been in , problem is some liberal is sitting behind a shiny desk some where signing these things off and they have no clue what’s really going on, we keep letting this happen pretty soon we’ll be kept out permanently

Yea it's terribly mismanaged. Instead of wining we should get organized and create a voice that actually might make a difference. Idk the best avenue to do so, i'm totally open to suggestions. It might be worth a call to BHA and see if they would get behind this. They seem to have a relatively successful track record in getting public lands opened up and accessible.

It sounds like in the last two years they have adapted a new approach to fire management that should help in the long run. Instead of working so hard to actually put the fires out, they are just kind of steering them in a safe direction and letting them burn themselves out. Fires are a natural, healthy reset to the eco system. The idea is that with more smaller fires we might be able to avoid these giant catastrophic fires we have seen in the last few years.

pattimusprime22

Lil-Rokslider
I'm fairly upset about the closures since all my scouting is for nothing.

Pulled this from the CalFire website (https://www.fire.ca.gov/stats-events/). I don't know if this helps anyone else to feel better or worse, but 2021 is shaping up to be much worse than last year and may even set the new record for acres burned. While I'd like to be out hunting, I do think 2021 is different than previous years (or at least that's what I'm telling myself to cope with my disappointment). At least there will be some new burn areas to hunt when we get to some wetter years.

1629480182123.png

Warmsy

WKR
Yea it's terribly mismanaged. Instead of wining we should get organized and create a voice that actually might make a difference. Idk the best avenue to do so, i'm totally open to suggestions. It might be worth a call to BHA and see if they would get behind this. They seem to have a relatively successful track record in getting public lands opened up and accessible.

It sounds like in the last two years they have adapted a new approach to fire management that should help in the long run. Instead of working so hard to actually put the fires out, they are just kind of steering them in a safe direction and letting them burn themselves out. Fires are a natural, healthy reset to the eco system. The idea is that with more smaller fires we might be able to avoid these giant catastrophic fires we have seen in the last few years.
Yeah they just closed a bunch more forests today. I'll call them.

amassi

WKR

Their "new approach" wasnt voluntary but due to their inability to stop raging fires. Complex went over a million acres, dixie is heading that way.

Warmsy

WKR
The single best thing that could happen is to take away firefighting and forest management responsibilities away from the Forest Service and give it all to Cal Fire.
Call fire let's logging companies leave an absolute mess of the forest after logging contracts here on the coast. I don't know anything about how the USFS does business or handles fires, but I'm really not impressed, even angry, with how call fire let's Jackson forest be trashed.

Marble

WKR
I understand the "Go hunt anyways" mentality but what happens when you need to submit your tag or get it validated somewhere and you were illegally hunting during a forest closure?
Misdemeanor not committed in presence of an officer is almost nearly impossible to prosecute.

Plus it is federal and dfg is state.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Bubba

FNG
Environmentalist and their money have cause a lot of what's going on. Calfire and Feds have millions to spend on fuel reduction and Forest Management projects. But these projects get held up or never even materialize due to law suits. Environmental groups are partly to blame for what we are seeing. Climate Change is a term to make money! Just like assault rifle is a term to pass gun legislation.