2021 B-Zone outlook

Marble

WKR
Except that our DFW officers are cross certified as state and federal law enforcement officers.
I know some are for sure. But I have not encountered them in a regular patrol position where they function as both.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

amassi

WKR
I know some are for sure. But I have not encountered them in a regular patrol position where they function as both.

I suppose any check while dove or waterfowl hunting is technically federal due to the migratory bird act

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Marble

WKR
I suppose any check while dove or waterfowl hunting is technically federal due to the migratory bird act

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Well it's not quite the same thing. The CHP can enforce certain federal law also through title 13, and I imagine DFG also has some type of access to enforce certain laws too. But I'm not familiar with it enough to say.

It's like a lot of the commercial vehicle regulations enforced in CA are federal, the CHP is not cross sworn, but they can access those laws for enforcement.

In all agencies there are a few LEO'S that are actually sworn in by certain federal agencies that support either a particular mission, group or task force. Those individual powers usually sunset at a certain date and are limited, due to the temporary need of their assistance.

Tobias

FNG
Closure sucks and all , the big picture is that every year this is becoming more common, your telling me 20 years ago it wasn’t a fire hazard having people utilizing the forest for recreation ?? there’s no difference today then there was then, ok dryer fuels , but it’s not the first drought we’ve ever been in , problem is some liberal is sitting behind a shiny desk some where signing these things off and they have no clue what’s really going on, we keep letting this happen pretty soon we’ll be kept out permanently
Yikes. Drier fuels is just a minor detail huh?

jfs82

WKR
Went to go buy my B zone tag yesterday with the forests re-opening... B zone sold out.

PVHunter

Lil-Rokslider
For folks who aren't following this actively, the announcement is summarized nicely below:
All but five of California’s national forests — previously closed under an emergency order issued in late August — will reopen two days early, officials said Tuesday.

The closure order will end at 11:59 p.m. Wednesday, two days before Friday’s original end date, according to an announcement by the U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service’s Pacific Southwest Region.

Forest-wide closures will remain in place until midnight Sept. 22 for the Los Padres, Angeles, San Bernardino and Cleveland national forests in Southern California because of “weather and fire factors,” and a temporary strain on firefighting resources battling blazes in other areas of the state, the Forest Service said.

In addition, the El Dorado National Forest in Northern California will stay closed until Sept. 30, the Forest Service said.

I'm still disappointed that archery is toast, but relieved & cautiously optimistic about rifle prospects in my fallback zone. Good luck to everyone and be safe out there. As AZone said earlier this year, there's a lot of pent up hunting enthusiasm that may manifest as a "blue ribbon shitshow."

Any wilderness areas in B zone? Looking to do a back country hunt with my brother who is flying in from Ohio. I was going to do trinity alps but that is closed til November. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

PVHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Why is the Marble Mountain Wilderness (I assume that this is what you're referring to with respect to going to the Trinity's in search of a wilderness area) closed until November?

A little bit of Googling will turn up the wilderness areas in B zone. I know my spots in one of them got cooked last year. I'll be hunting elsewhere for general now that the NFs are reopening.

Good luck out there.

I didn't realize that, Chasing. Thanks.

I did 30s of digging and turned this up --> https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/article/7757/66325/

it looks like there will be closures in the area through mid-October at least. The good news, I guess, is that you do have other wilderness options in B.
There is an active wildfire overlay in Onx that you might find helpful. I've been using all summer to track the wildfires. I wish they had an overlay to show closures but as far as I know they do not.

Why is the Marble Mountain Wilderness (I assume that this is what you're referring to with respect to going to the Trinity's in search of a wilderness area) closed until November?

A little bit of Googling will turn up the wilderness areas in B zone. I know my spots in one of them got cooked last year. I'll be hunting elsewhere for general now that the NFs are reopening.

Good luck out there.
If your spot got burned last year, I would totally be back in there this year.. those one year burns are great.

I really do wish there was one map that showed all the closures on a map, nto just a fire burn map.
For example I know all of the trinity alps is closed, but is only sections of the marbles closed. Who knows lol

In all agencies there are a few LEO'S that are actually sworn in by certain federal agencies that support either a particular mission, group or task force. Those individual powers usually sunset at a certain date and are limited, due to the temporary need of their assistance.

Since the creation of Homeland Security, most law enforcement are cross certified.