2021 Bear Success Thread

Geewhiz

WKR
I was gonna start a 21 bear thread too, so thank you. I'm finishing up spring projects and then going to hit it starting next weekend.

MP.hunter

FNG
I have been you a couple days but not much seen in the NE WA yet. Hopping to stumble on one this evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been you a couple days but not much seen in the NE WA yet. Hopping to stumble on one this evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I spent the last weekend up there in GMU 111 did not see anything. Still seemed a little early in my experience but should be getting much better in the next few weeks! Such an awesome time to be in the hills.

i haven't made it out either, i drew the SW tag (oregon) and we have been in the process of moving down here....yesterday was the day that we officially moved down here... have to go back up the coast this weekend, but will be getting time in the woods now.... probably tomorrow night for a first hunt, and should get a few evenings in next week..... will feel really good that first time this year i see black on green, that classic bear scene..... jet black bear in the middle of neon green, love that scenario

Bighorse

WKR
Kodiak,Alliulik Peninsula Spring hunt
Edit….26” skull Sow 9.5’ hide
Added second pic to show the blonde color
Non guided Alaska resident drawing permit

Attachments

• FCAA8DCF-02B9-4842-A442-702C3D6FFFED.jpeg
    FCAA8DCF-02B9-4842-A442-702C3D6FFFED.jpeg
    770.4 KB · Views: 299
  • 96703D72-FE90-404B-A6D1-3A5AFF6604EC.jpeg
    96703D72-FE90-404B-A6D1-3A5AFF6604EC.jpeg
    415.5 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

rclouse79

WKR
Idaho spot and stalk. Very small, but my first bear so still claiming it :) Lesson learned that need to pay close attention to try to tell size.
View attachment 288591
Ha! I have been there. The worst part in my case is my buddy and I had convinced ourselves it was a nice bear until we walked up and found it was about the size of a small golden retriever. I think I am a little better at field judging, but still not super confident.

Ha! I have been there. The worst part in my case is my buddy and I had convinced ourselves it was a nice bear until we walked up and found it was about the size of a small golden retriever. I think I am a little better at field judging, but still not super confident.
Yeah, was not expecting a monster, but he was I would guess 75lbs max. Silver lining was that I was about a 5 hour / 1.5k vertical foot up and down hike from the road, and thankfully I could carry everything in one trip.

Same thing happened with my first bear…thought he was a monster, he was all alone up in a nasty area with a bunch of cliffs. The shrinkage was real…