2021 Best Buck Mule Deer Photo Contest

BAKPAKR

WKR
Got a nice hard wind blowing on second day of this hunt. Had watched some mule deer bed down in weed cover along an ag field at about 9:30 am. Gave them a little time to get sleepy and creeped in. Son and I were watching carefully but almost walked by this guy. He jumped up at 20 yards and caught a .570 lead ball at 40 yards when he stopped to see what we were. Good day in the field. Some really awesome photos and bucks on here.
Left hand sidelock - love it!

Here’s my 2021 Colorado archery buck! Despite the same elk hunter ruining my stalk on another crusty old mule deer (twice), I killed this buck on the 8th day of my hunt. While I saw this buck scouting in the summer, I hadn’t laid eyes on him since late July. Long story short, a grouse flushed when I got to 80 yards, the buck and I had an epic 3 minute stare down, he finally went back to feeding, I snuck into 56 and sealed the deal. He’s just over 30” outside spread and scores 178” sci. Nets are for fish! 6C2EE288-35C3-4D99-B7B3-5FABDD1A77B7.jpeg

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Some good bucks in here this year. Congrats everybody. If your pictures have disappeared it’s because you posted more than one picture. Read the rules!

woods89

WKR
Got a nice hard wind blowing on second day of this hunt. Had watched some mule deer bed down in weed cover along an ag field at about 9:30 am. Gave them a little time to get sleepy and creeped in. Son and I were watching carefully but almost walked by this guy. He jumped up at 20 yards and caught a .570 lead ball at 40 yards when he stopped to see what we were. Good day in the field. Some really awesome photos and bucks on here.
Lots of winning in this thread, but this is about as cool as it gets......

jmav58

WKR
75533e976ef1ddd20bac740d52d1aba3.jpg

MT general season buck. Found him in August and hunted him during archery but had to eventually wait until general season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

znichols

FNG
First buck, high country in CO. Drew an early season rifle tag for above timberline unexpectedly. Had to deal with a sick kid and wife and only could make it out a few days at a time. Luckily I had scouted this guy and a 3x3 earlier in the season. I was hoping for a bigger buck in velvet still, but this opportunity was too good to pass on. He was one ridge over from where I had first seen him. I was stripping down my cold clothes because it was getting hot fast. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw antlers. Didn't have much time to even contemplate taking him or not. I had been practicing my shooting out to 450 yards all summer, and the shot was about 30 yards :) . He rolled down the steep slope about 50' and luckily stopped because below was a cliff face. It took me some time to cut him up by myself on that steep face too! In this photo I had to pin his ear down with my trekking pole to keep him from rolling. Had a buddy hike up 2000' vertical over about a mile to help me pack him out. To say that I was happy and excited is a complete understatement but I am sure many of you know the way I was feeling. Can't wait to stalk one with my bow in the coming years and get one in the velvet.

708a21141eb20664cf626f07a7912a5b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Congrats