2021 Best Buck Mule Deer Photo Contest

Gumbo

WKR
View attachment 335027

Wyoming October 8th harvest. Game Warden who checked in on us this morning said he was a cryptoid? Looked it up a bit and it makes sense. I gutted him in the dark as fast as possible but don't remember seeing testicles. Story in the Live Hunts Forum.
Do you mean cryptorchid (undevolped/undescended testes)? Cryptoid is an animal that doesn't exist...like bigfoot. Regardless, he looks like he definitely is real and REALLY nice...well done!

Fatcamp

WKR
Do you mean cryptorchid (undevolped/undescended testes)? Cryptoid is an animal that doesn't exist...like bigfoot. Regardless, he looks like he definitely is real and REALLY nice...well done!

That must be it. Game Warden says he doesn't see them often.

WKR
Got a nice hard wind blowing on second day of this hunt. Had watched some mule deer bed down in weed cover along an ag field at about 9:30 am. Gave them a little time to get sleepy and creeped in. Son and I were watching carefully but almost walked by this guy. He jumped up at 20 yards and caught a .570 lead ball at 40 yards when he stopped to see what we were. Good day in the field. Some really awesome photos and bucks on here.

Jhaury7

Lil-Rokslider
CE4CEEB5-4402-4839-BA5C-B7B1676E35C3.png
Followed this buck around the mountains for 6 hours before bedding him, jumped a lion at 10 yards during the stalk, and wore my legs down to nothing before getting a bullet in this buck. By far the hardest I’ve ever worked for a deer, but it all paid off

Fatcamp

WKR
That's a stud.... I've hunted Wyoming for 30ish years and cannot remember a time where I've seen more fuzzy horned bucks in October. We saw several this year.

This is my son's buck, it was his first. Unfortunately he broke a tine on the fall but the Taxi said he can repair it (euro). He was easily the fattest deer I've ever cut. He was roughly 250lbs on the hoof & did not have testicles. Pretty interesting, I wonder how common this is?

View attachment 336712

View attachment 336713
View attachment 336714

Ya, my wife does the cutting on our deer and was blown away at how much fat was on him. Game Warden says he hardly ever sees it.

9f9da27d378b75095c179faa97e0ad24.jpg

First deer for her . Wyoming gen walk in area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We had a lot of velvet deer last year. They are thinking it’s results of EHD. They were able to survive it but the velvet horns just were a side effect from it.

I can confirm this. When EHD went through Nebraska it wiped out whitetails but my taxidermist had 10 mulie bucks (one mine) that were velvet in November. In his previous 15 years of taxidermy he had 1 velvet buck outside of early archery season.

I won't complain though my velvet buck went 166 3/8 which is pretty dang good in my part of Nebraska! And velvet is cool