2021 Best Bull Elk Hunt Photo Contest, sponsored by Kifaru

Status
Not open for further replies.
Montana, came in silent, looked over and first saw at 20yd, shot at 15, shot was quartered to way harder than I thought or arrow deflected off a rib? He was certainly broadside before coming around the tree but it all happened fast. Found next day after bumping a coyote 800 yards uphill from last blood after grid searching. Arrow went in good at vitals but exited rear ham. About half meat loss around the hip joints and legs that were on the ground side. Definitely a hard earned one. Hate to do it that way but relieved to recover and punch the tag20210912_140754.jpg

Last edited:

WyoHnt300

Lil-Rokslider
Had the great experience of helping my oldest son (13) take his first archery bull. 18 yard shot with a Mission Riot, he's worked all year to stack arrows out to 40 yards, fortunately he didn't need the other 22 yards of practice. Of all the photos I took during this hunt, this one is my favorite. His excitement, awe, appreciation and pride were all on display. Wyoming

Attachments

• Abel 2021 bull.jpg
    Abel 2021 bull.jpg
    517.4 KB · Views: 221

lnewton

Lil-Rokslider
That bull on the left is wide!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And if the left royal wasnt broken off he would have been even better. That was my sons bull. We had only been out 3 hours when we came across him.

Elk 2021 Packout.jpg

I know this wont get many votes but i just had to post it because i am just so darn proud of this kid. My 17 year old son hauling out the last load of my bull, on the 8th day of hunting, after putting on a total of 64 miles in those 8 days. Still a smile on his face and still loving every minute of it. Teach'm young what hard work and dedication can accomplish and you will never have to worry about them succeeding in life.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
View attachment 329391

I know this wont get many votes but i just had to post it because i am just so darn proud of this kid. My 17 year old son hauling out the last load of my bull, on the 8th day of hunting, after putting on a total of 64 miles in those 8 days. Still a smile on his face and still loving every minute of it. Teach'm young what hard work and dedication can accomplish and you will never have to worry about them succeeding in life.

Great photo, we have a youth contest going, and he’s eligible. Just look on our youth forum. You can enter it in either one but not both.

BBob

WKR
Great photo! I still have one of those Jansport frame's (mine's a load hauler, no bag but with the load shelf). (y)

Great photo! I still have one of those Jansport frame's (mine's a load hauler, no bag but with the load shelf). (y)
Hell yeah! that pack was my dads. i cant tell you how many backpack trips it was on when i was a kid. Still preforms like new.

Jwknutson17

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Haven't seen any good night photos yet as usually it's super super hard unless you have the quality camera gear. Anyways, I'm standing over my bull in the complete darkness with just my headlamp on. I posted a pic in the meat pole thread where you can see me and more of the bull, but figured something different and unique for the photo contest was in order.
DSC02132.jpg

Last edited:

TXCO

WKR
Archery Rosie in the jungles of Western Oregon.

6ff8d282e72e727180d55b2b4f7ac271.jpg

My brother and I went on first elk hunt ever in the Bob with Montana Safaris during early rifle bugle season. I was blessed to take this dinosaur bull on day 3 of the hunt (9/17) after Colter called him in with strategic bugles from a cut out Gatorade bottle (forgot tube in camp). It was an incredible experience in the wilderness and taking my first bull was icing on the cake.

Attachments

• IMG_3102.JPG
    IMG_3102.JPG
    667.1 KB · Views: 376

Jwknutson17

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
My brother and I went on first elk hunt ever in the Bob with Montana Safaris during early rifle bugle season. I was blessed to take this dinosaur bull on day 3 of the hunt (9/17) after Colter called him in with strategic bugles from a cut out Gatorade bottle (forgot tube in camp). It was an incredible experience in the wilderness and taking my first bull was icing on the cake.
What a stud bull. Congrats.

Status
Not open for further replies.