2021 Best Whitetail Finalist Thread--Members' Vote!

Vote on the best Rokslide member's whitetail photo

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I would have had this up earlier today but the WKR thread was just too fun.

Anyway, we have our 10 finalists picked from the entry thread here

Now it's Rokslide members' turn to pick the winners.

Our friends at First Lite have put up the Catalyst Jacket and Bib in Specter, valued at over $500! for 1st place

Please vote on the photos in the poll at the top of the thread (Tapatalk users can't see the poll, so use full-site if you'd like to vote.)

Only Rokslide members with accounts registered by 2/2/22 will be counted towards winners (the fairest way to pick a winner), although those late votes will still show up in the poll.

I'll leave the poll open until approximately Thursday 2/17/22.

Please, only one vote per person. If you think you can rig it by creating multiple member user names and voting, @Jskaanland is all over you! If you're caught voting more than once, all your votes are disqualified.

Also, if you made the finalist list, go ahead and vote on your own photo, but remember if you try to vote with multiple user names, your photo will be pulled from the contest. And @Ryan Avery will ban you.

Here are the finalists in no particular order. Cast your vote in the poll at top of page using the member's name listed at top of each photo.

KyleSS KyleSS.JPG
NDGuy
NDGuy.jpg
CareyJAF50
CareyJAF50.jpeg
ewescue
ewescue.jpg

TrailDog
TrailDog.jpg

Millwood21
Millwood21.jpeg
Mike B.
Mike B..jpg

Bigfeet
Bigfeet.jpg

WhatToHunt
WhatToHunt.jpg

MtnBum
MtnBum.jpeg

NDGuy

WKR
Great pics gents awesome bucks! Love it, good luck everyone!

Was a crazy year with my OIL ND Elk tag and then to go into Eastern MT and take a buck of that caliber was just nuts. He has over 45" of mass on him, buck of a lifetime for sure!

Last edited:

fwafwow

WKR

Was a crazy year with my OIL ND Elk tag and then to go into Eastern MT and take a buck of that caliber was just nuts. He has over 45" of mass on him, buck of a lifetime for sure!
What a toad!

Didn’t know this was a moose thread! Mass for days!

KHNC

WKR
dang! Cant believe i didnt slide in this year for the finals! Some tough competition as usual!

Last edited:

ewescue

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome contest with some awesome photos and great bucks! Happy to be able to partake

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
OK, poll is closed and although it looks like a clear winner, we always have @Jskaanland check for any funky business before we ship the gear.

Hold tight!

John, let me know at your convenience

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
OK, we have our official winner @ewescue

He takes the First Lite Catalyst Jacket and Bib in Specter, valued at over $500!

A783706B-846C-426A-9959-FEBE5E696E34.jpeg

Congrats man, I need you to do two things to claim your prize
1) PM me your email address and sizing (check Firstlite.com sizing chart) and I’ll introduce you to FL.
2) Tell us about the image? Which camera/phone? Anything special to get that winning image or just snap and win?

Thanks and thanks to all who entered and voted.

ewescue

Lil-Rokslider
Feeling pretty honored guys, so thanks to everyone.

Camera was a Sony A7iii with a 24-105 g series lens.

As far as capturing the image we did hundreds of iterations, all different poses and backgrounds at the site of his death. Eventually we took a few that included the foreground and back ground that perfectly showcased and early November morning with the foliage colors, had the buck in perfect focus, with myself just ever so slightly out of focus. To me, this picture simply represents hunting mature whitetails in early November. The foliage, the swollen neck on the buck, the early sun rising and burning off the fog.

I won't lie to you guys, this is my favorite trophy photo of mine by far, and probably my favorite buck I've taken. So again, I feel truly honored and thank you to everyone who liked it!

NDGuy

WKR
As far as capturing the image we did hundreds of iterations, all different poses and backgrounds at the site of his death. Eventually we took a few that included the foreground and back ground that perfectly showcased and early November morning with the foliage colors, had the buck in perfect focus, with myself just ever so slightly out of focus. To me, this picture simply represents hunting mature whitetails in early November. The foliage, the swollen neck on the buck, the early sun rising and burning off the fog.
To think I snapped 10 pics with my iPhone, went about my day and still took 2nd makes me feel proud :D

Nice buck man congrats!

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Feeling pretty honored guys, so thanks to everyone.

Camera was a Sony A7iii with a 24-105 g series lens.

I won't lie to you guys, this is my favorite trophy photo of mine by far, and probably my favorite buck I've taken. So again, I feel truly honored and thank you to everyone who liked it!
Well that’s why I asked as sometimes just a good ol’ cell phone pic takes the cake and others it’s way more effort and better equipment.

I’ve taken as many as 50+ to get one to turn out. Once the animal is processed, there is no going back so I learned the hard way to try and get it right.

I see your PM, and will get your gear on it’s way.