2021 Best Whitetail Photo Contest, sponsored by First Lite

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
2/2/2022 update: The Member voting thread is open here

Hey Roksliders,
First Lite has stepped up again for the 2021 contest!

First Lite just released the new Catalyst Jacket and Bib in Specter in their Whitetail line.

For this year's contest, winner will receive the Catalyst Jacket and Bib in Specter, valued at over $500! Here's two short videos on the gear:

First Lite has quite a few other pieces from their Whitetail Line. See it all here

Once you're done drooling, why not try and win that Jacket & Bib in our annual Best Whitetail Hunt Photo contest?

Contest is simple:

This is NOT a biggest buck contest, but a "best photo" contest. The winning 2021 photo will be judged on the following criteria and rules:

1) WOW Factor. Is it a great photo that grabs the viewer? This takes in lighting, color, uniqueness, etc.

2) Composition- by that we mean the way in which the different parts that make up your photo are arranged- is there too much background, not enough animal? Or visa versa? Are the antler tips out of the frame or the hunter's head cut off? Or is it a good balance between the buck, the hunter, the terrain? (the hunter is not required to appear in the photo.)

3) Size of animal. This doesn't mean biggest animal wins, but if #1 and #2 are equal, we'll chose the bigger animal.

4) Must be a photo of a buck harvested fair chase in 2021 (or by January 15th, 2022)

5) Post up your best 2021 harvest photo taken between January 16th 2021 and January 15th 2022 ) on this thread (don't know how to post pics? Click here )

6) Must be a Rokslide member to enter
your photo of your buck. One photo per buck only. If you harvest multiple bucks, you can enter one photo for each. Kid's got a whitetail? enter it in our Youth Photo contest here (much better odds for the kids in that contest)

7) Also, by posting on this thread, you agree to let Rokslide and First Lite use any of the photos in promotional material without compensation

8) Any international winner is responsible for border tax, custom fees, excessive postage fees, etc.

If you want to see the 2020 finalists and get an idea of what we're looking for (including @KyleSS winning image), click here

Last edited:

slaton

Lil-Rokslider
Had pictures of this buck all summer long. Waited for the right wind and slipped in and killed him about 1 1/2 hours into the first sit. He was the 11th deer we saw that evening. The shot was 25 yards and he made it about 80. This is on a small piece of property here in Georgia. He will beat the county record by a couple of inches after waiting the 60 day drying period. He is definitely the biggest bucks I have ever killed. Still have a few more bucks tags and a lot of season left.

f76850104873786cd828a029cd919d6e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slaton

Lil-Rokslider
Here is my second entry for the contest. I shot this buck on an island off the coast of Georgia about 600 yards from the Atlantic Ocean. The deer on the island are a smaller subspecies and a mature buck will will be right at 100lbs. Mine weight an estimated 120lbs and scored 112 1/8” which is a giant for the island. I shot him off the ground at less than 20 yards after seeing him rubbing a tree.

f912823fd004bb8d72e177b1a11abb46.png

KHNC

WKR
Cool! Where was he hit out of curiosity?
It was a straight down shot at 10 yards. Killed a few does quickly with this shot over the years. Hit the buck between the shoulder blades with a ramcat fixed blade. Got a pass thru but the arrow deflected and angled out thru front of its neck instead of getting in the body cavity. Lots of blood to trail but i jumped the buck after 100 yards or so. Decided to call the dog guy just in case! I most likely wont try that shot again.

Finch

WKR
It was a straight down shot at 10 yards. Killed a few does quickly with this shot over the years. Hit the buck between the shoulder blades with a ramcat fixed blade. Got a pass thru but the arrow deflected and angled out thru front of its neck instead of getting in the body cavity. Lots of blood to trail but i jumped the buck after 100 yards or so. Decided to call the dog guy just in case! I most likely wont try that shot again.
I took a very similar shot last year and the arrow skirted outside the ribcage. Saw the buck again on election day and he was fine. He was killed later in the season. I won't be attempting again either.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
If your post has disappeared, it’s because you’re posting multiple pictures. Read the rules people!

Feel free to repost, we’d love to have your best picture, but not all of them.

Thank you, & I have a feeling this threads about blow up with the majority of seasons getting underway pretty quick.

Good luck!