2021 Best Wild Sheep Photo Contest, sponsored by Stone Glacier

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
1/7/22 Members have voted and the winners are up at https://www.rokslide.com/forums/threads/vote-on-the-2021-best-sheep-photo-contest.245049/

We're back and in a big way. After a great contest last year with some really good photos, including these winners by @SLDMTN and @Marine4life

SLDMTN post 10.jpg

Marine4life post 26.jpg

Our friends at Stone Glacier are back with some killer prizes. They are big fans of Wild Sheep and put skin in the game by supporting this contest.

1st Place
Stone Glacier's KY 5900/X-curve Frame.
@SLDMTN took this pack home in last year's contest and I just happen to know he was very impressed (and he's not easily impressed.)
SG 5900 Sky w X-curve.jpg

2nd Place
Stone Glacier's Skyscraper 2P Tent (@Josh Boyd review here); Outdoor Life just said this tent "...Might be the Best Backcountry Tent on the Market." here
. That's bold talk but submit a winning photo and you could be the judge!

pic-9.jpg

You can view our finalists from last year here to get a good idea of what staff and members are looking for in a great Wild Sheep Photo.

Here are the Rules for the 2021 contest. Please follow them or your entry could be deleted! The biggest rule people violate is posting multiple photos of the same sheep (the shotgun approach). That's too hard on the staff and members to judge so please, one photo per sheep. If you're the luckiest man alive and actually kill two Wild Sheep in 2021, please create separate posts.

This is NOT a biggest sheep contest, but a "best photo" contest. The winning 2020 photo will be judged on the following criteria:

*to note you can't enter a photo for someone else. They must enter it themselves (per rules #4-6) , otherwise the sheep guides and those with big families/friend circles would have better odds.

1) WOW Factor. Is it a great photo that grabs the viewer? This takes in lighting, color, uniqueness, etc. View previous contest winners to see what we're looking for.

2) Composition- by that I mean the way in which the different parts that make up your photo are arranged- is there too much background, not enough animal? or visa versa? Are the horn tips out of the frame or the hunters head cut off? Or is it a good balance between the sheep, the hunter, the terrain? (the hunter is not required to appear in the photo.)

3) Size of animal. This doesn't mean biggest animal wins, but if #1 and #2 are equal, we'll chose the bigger animal (got a problem with that? Home Depot sells sand by the bag.)

4) Must be a photo of a sheep you harvested in 2021--(you must be able to prove date of harvest)

5) By December 10th, post up your best harvest photo on this thread

6) Must be a Rokslide member to enter your photo. One photo per sheep only. If you harvest multiple sheep (lucky dog!), you can enter one photo for each

7) Also, by posting on this thread, you agree to let Rokslide and Stone Glacier use any of the photos in promotional material without compensation

8) Any international winner is responsible for border tax, custom fees, excessive postage fees, etc.

Once staff picks a lists of finalist, members will choose the winners.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Looking forward to following this thread here and living my dreams through the others in picture form. By far this has got to be the best contest out there. Good Luck to all of those hunters out there holding golden tickets this fall! Can't wait to see your views from the field this year!

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
I’ve got my money on Aubrey again… she’s a beast.

I’ll be posting pics (hopefully) but I’m bowing out of the contest this year. I’d like to see someone else take home one of these sweet packs. We’ve been burning the candle at both ends this year and I’ve been awfully impressed with it.

097d459723d731cf6709f2f126740995.jpg

I just received my sheep mount back from my 2019 ram. It is the first thing I have ever mounted and I find myself just randomly staring at it in awe, inspiring me for the adventure to come in two weeks time. The greatest part of the year is almost upon us. Good luck fellow sheep hunters, it is time!

swarovskicoues

Lil-Rokslider
anyone know what kind of camera those trophy pics were taken with? incredible quality...leave for my stone hunt in 29 days! hope to add to the mix!

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
anyone know what kind of camera those trophy pics were taken with? incredible quality...leave for my stone hunt in 29 days! hope to add to the mix!

The pic of my daughter’s ram is from a Sony RX100, very small and lightweight point & shoot. Run the RAW file through Lightroom for some quick editing / JPEG conversion and I’m done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
It’s close enough to their birthday’s that I’ll just call them 63 and 65 years old. My mom’s first ram. You are never too old. One perfect shot from 309 yards and my tough as nails mother got it done.

ejXHLu9.jpg

Last edited: