2021 Best Wild Sheep Photo Contest, sponsored by Stone Glacier

aeroflot

FNG
NWT success on last hour of last day. We did 60 miles to find this guy and once we found him, we climbed 3700 feet in the rain. All night pack out and it was awesome. For those that want to read the whole story I've posted it as well.Evans ram.jpg

tuffcity

WKR
Posted in a thread but I guess I should throw in my kid's ram, Sept 15. Her first sheep and first big game animal- a tough trek to get this guy, especially for a new mom of 8 weeks. :) And of course it was on the day I forgot my decent camera....

bgaDyeU.jpg

First Dall on a cancellation opening in the Yukon. Lost him for 2 days (still not sure how he survived the shot...), and finally found him with a wolverine chewing on him and lost the cape and meat. Those two days were full of a lot of emotional ups and downs, but in the end it all worked out! Motto of the trip was something the outfitter told me while we were looking for him: relentless pursuit!

Everyone in here has amazing rams and I feel honored to be able to post here this year!

Kicked out!.jpg

ndbuck09

WKR
California Bighorn from Southern Idaho. September 12, 2021. Scouted 14 days through the summer and had this dude targeted. Was able to find his band quickly that morning, made the move around the canyon and came in on top of them for a shot, which ended up being 40 yards due to them moving up against a wall during my 2.5 hr move to get into position.
Cali Ram Side Profile.jpg