2021 blacktail bucks

kodiak buck? great buck!

any coastal blacktail is going to be the prettiest deer in the world from Oct on with their fall colors, but them Sitka Blacktail are on a different level of beauty, their capes are just so awesome.... i do think the POW sitka blacktail are the very prettiest, especially those bucks with the neon orange antlers, but those Kodiak bucks aren't far behind.

i'm still trying to decide what region to go hunt up there... it's between kodiak and POW, and it will be a mid Oct hunt or possibly early Nov, and i want to bring a couple back to shoulder mount, collect a couple specimens.

i have heard those kodiak bucks eat really well too, which is a plus, but none eat bad

well done, that's a stunning buck!

kodiak buck? great buck!

any coastal blacktail is going to be the prettiest deer in the world from Oct on with their fall colors, but them Sitka Blacktail are on a different level of beauty, their capes are just so awesome.... i do think the POW sitka blacktail are the very prettiest, especially those bucks with the neon orange antlers, but those Kodiak bucks aren't far behind.

i'm still trying to decide what region to go hunt up there... it's between kodiak and POW, and it will be a mid Oct hunt or possibly early Nov, and i want to bring a couple back to shoulder
kodiak buck? great buck!

i'm still trying to decide what region to go hunt up there... it's between kodiak and POW, and it will be a mid Oct hunt or possibly early Nov, and i want to bring a couple back to shoulder mount, collect a couple specimens.

i have heard those kodiak bucks eat really well too, which is a plus, but none eat bad

well done, that's a stunning buck!
Yes it is a Kodiak buck and thank you. I’m not sure there are many deer around that are better looking than a Sitka blacktail. I can confirm that the deer here in Kodiak eat very well.

Moserkr

WKR
Taken from (family) property I could hunt, but choose not to so far. Waiting in small parcels near houses isnt my kind of hunting. Decent buck though, and hes little compared to what has been seen roaming the neighborhood. Now put that buck way up on a mountain and Id be stoked. WIsh I could share this person’s smile (dont know em), but ill just tell you - its huge. Glad they are super happy as they should be!!

6E74049C-EA1F-4781-8C65-1C9CF92967B5.jpeg

brushape

WKR
My 2021 Ca b zone buck. Set a goal of really wanting a 140” deer this year but couldn’t hold out any longer when I saw how old this deer looked. The most worn teeth of any blacktail I’ve ever shot
c12f98d950893ed65a47ec13971f4c6e.jpg

c6f6efa4570e04660b10b03b710fed46.jpg

300c9199ffdb3b2f46cd0f17749c8280.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brushape

WKR
Great buck @brushape Id take that too over a typical larger buck any day!

Thanks man, I was fighting the rising sun in my face and had to make a sprint downhill into the shade for a shot where my only window was very steep and uncomfortable so I honestly couldn’t really tell what he was all I saw was good mass, old body and the goofy backend on the 6 side. One shot cross canyon at 300 yards and the rest was history

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk