2021 blacktail bucks

Rogue Bay

WKR
.338wm. Ruger M77. Use it 90% of time on hunts even though I own lots of great calibers. It's not my most accurate or lightest, but it's like my bird shotgun. An extension of my arm.
Having confidence in your rifle is huge! I have a pet 30-06 that I always seem to come back too. I just have a lot of good history with it, even though I own some sexier calibers. Congrats on a filled tag!

JasonWi

WKR
Oregon:
I have an M77 in 7mmRM. About the only thing original is the action and floor plate, but I totally agree with you..they simply feel like an extension of your arm and I’ve primarily hunted with it for the last 20 years

MattB

WKR
yeah, definitely don't shoot spikes in CA, it's forked horn or better
Yes, and technically not all branch antlered deer are legal although I have never seen that technicality enforced.

Edited to add definition: Forked-horn Buck: A male deer having a branched antler on either side with the branch in the upper two-thirds of the antler. Eyeguards or other bony projections on the lower one-third of the antler shall not be considered as points or branches (CCR T14-351(a)).

Last edited:

TravKatQ

WKR
Couple Sitka Blacktails from this years Kodiak trip! Gotta find a way to get back there every year, love that place!
62bcade302b7a94ad470a4ba6f47a121.jpg

f117aa080d8224c22e1142e0609f1e96.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Falcon

Lil-Rokslider
Beautiful buck. Looking forward to my first deer hunt on a boat based DIY hunt on the South end of the island next year. Start hunting oct 31 thru nov 7. Trying to get in shape to climb the hills. Hoping for some decent weather and healthy deer numbers.