2021 Bow caribou

chinook907

Lil-Rokslider
My son just sent me these pictures of the caribou he just shot up in Atigun Pass. He’s In Fairbanks, going to college, and supposed to be focusing his attention on academics. Should I be concerned?
29baf4000fd0fbd1c3d4e84ff96151f1.jpg

33cb8b72802810005d38e25f97af462d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe! But that's student life @ UAF.

If you really want to erode his studies, I can text you the locale for one of my old marten (foot/snowshoe) lines, or a good red fox foot line. Or if he has a snogo an excellent wolf line. They're all kind of tucked away, would be surprised if anyones been working them. Too far a drive for me now.

But yeah I'd be a damn proud dad.

I ran into your son and his friends this past weekend, gave them a few pointers... I've never seen 4 kids so damn excited, I guess 10,000 caribou running around will do that to a guy! I figure he must have slowed down a bit to get the job done! Good for him, that's a great caribou.

Last edited:
OP
AK Troutbum
I ran into your son and his friends this past weekend, gave them a few pointers... I've never seen 4 kids so damn excited, I guess 10,000 caribou running around will do that to a guy! I figure he must have slowed down a bit to get the job done! Good for him, that's a great caribou.

Thanks Nick, yeah he’s been having a lot of fun bumming around in your neck of the woods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geewhiz

WKR
My dad always said my GPA was directly related to how early in the season I killed an elk. He was right. If I killed one right away I could then focus on other things, if not, well, look at my junior year GPA at MSU. :ROFLMAO:

I think its good that he filled his tag and can now focus on academics!