2021 broadheads

Lprough

FNG
Looking at changing my broadheads setup this season. I’ve had great luck with magnus stinger 125grain but looking to change it up. What are you all shooting in the 125 grain head or would recommend. Thanks! Happy new year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why change what works?

Fortunately lots of good heads now, but hard to beat the stinger for the price.

Go ahead and try the iron will if you got money burning in your pocket. Or the end cutthroat. Have buddy had a bad experience with the Strickland Helix. But several other good two blades. Always the vpa for a good solid 3 blade.

Beendare

WKR
I like those Buzzcuts....but Im really impressed with the German Jaeger 145, hard to beat, 440C steel.....(.not the cheap stuff ) 54/55 rockwell.....those are strong quality heads that hold a great edge and touch up well after running them through an animal......3/$29.99 but get them all the time on Sale for $27.

I shot the maasai overkill 200 grain last year and had solid results. Fairly strong metal and easy to get razor sharp. They also come in 125 grain. I think it’s around $50 for a 3 pack which is getting up in price but I’m sticking with them.

Northpark

WKR
Depends on what your looking for in a broadhead. Like here on tiny coues deer that I’m likely going to have to shoot at longer distance I’m shooting a sevr 2.0. It’s hyper accurate and a big cut. Now if I was looking at an elk broadhead I’m probably looking at some sort of cut on contact two blade. I really want to try the iron will heads but can’t stomach $99 per 3.

Depends on what your looking for in a broadhead. Like here on tiny coues deer that I’m likely going to have to shoot at longer distance I’m shooting a sevr 2.0. It’s hyper accurate and a big cut. Now if I was looking at an elk broadhead I’m probably looking at some sort of cut on contact two blade. I really want to try the iron will heads but can’t stomach $99 per 3.
You are shooting a mechanical broadhead from a trad bow?

Northpark

WKR
Never mind. Got lost where I was on here. Nope no trad bow here. Sorry to take away from the discussion. Shouldn’t post til I’m awake.

OP
Lprough

Lprough

FNG
Anyone have any luck with the cutthroats? Been looking at testing some of them out.

I like my tooth of the arrows 1” model. they group really well and out to 30 yards and only a little to the left of my field points. Past 30 had to do Only slight BH tuning (move rest barely a cm).

however Just got them last year I was Not able to take a deer with them past season... no idea how they do but the pics people have shared and the test seem to show they are tough.

I liked how the looked in testing on born and raised outdoors Broadhead test series. They had issues with sharpness but using the tooth of the arrow sharpening I got them razor sharp.

with the sharpener and a three pack you spend just over $50 and get free shipping off there site.

Tradchef

WKR
Anyone have any luck with the cutthroats? Been looking at testing some of them out.

I've killed a good bit with the cutty 2 blade. The new three blade they designed with Aron looks real nice as well. This year went back to the VPA Penetrator 2 blade and had solid performance with it.

If you like the idea of trying something from Australia, that is likely very affordable for you fellas in the USA, consider Outback Broadheads.

They make 130gn and 200gn heads. I use both on different bows.

I like the cutthroats. They are getting a little expensive for me though. I may go back to vpa or magnus stingers. I’ve been looking at simmon’s broadheads as well

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We have a few options in 125 grain heads. Our heads are more expensive than most but you will get excellent sharpness, edge retention and durability right out of the package. We just added a wide solid blade to our wide150 to wide250 grain heads. This was requested primarily by traditional archers and we had four trad bow testers that all reported great results. Here is a review on this head that John Lusk just released:

sneaky

"DADDY"
German Kinetic 125 or 125XL. Lethal. Website gives you price in Euros with VAT. Since you're not in Europe you save a bunch off that price. They're around $80 or so for 3, but cheaper than Iron Wills or the Chinese made Alaska Bowhunter Supply heads.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sheepdog

FNG
I just got set up with some 3 blade cutthroats. Hoping to test them out on a couple does this weekend but so far don’t see anything bad about them. Pretty easy to sharpen with a stone, spin true and have been flying good. I like the angles and edges on them and think they’ll penetrate and cut really well.

I shoot 2 blade cutthroats No complaints. I also shoot 3 blade VPA out of my lighter weight bows 45-50 pounders. 20 years ago I used to shoot Magnus and WW but they whistled and I wanted to shoot a one piece broadhead

Beendare

WKR
Followup:

The GJ head at $10 each I mentioned is going to be my go to after this last late season AZ hunt. I plowed one diagonally through a Coues that was moving on the shot.....impressive performance.

I shot a couple rabbits...and missed a few more....and in that rocky ground those GJ held up as good if not better than anything. The Buzzcuts are just a little bit weaker...though still a great head for the $$.

FWIW, I saw another example of poor performance from a forward opening mechanical head. A buddy was shooting a crossbow and hit a quartering Coues - just like my shot- but his arrow flipped out nok forward and he only got 1 inch of penetration. From a 400 fps Ravin no less. Now those Coues are Jumpy and move quick....another reason to like a 2 blade head that penentrates fast and effortlessly.

-