2021 broadheads

pdk25

FNG
Haven't found a 125 grain head with a profile that I like, but I will keep on looking.

OP
Lprough

Lprough

FNG
Ended up going with the 125gr cutthroats 2 blade. Tuned real well and easy to sharpen. We’ll see how they do on a bull hopefully come September. May test them out on a bear this spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
The new system from Snyder and Iron Will essentially solves all of the issues I have with micro arrows. I'll be going that route this year. I'll run wides for whitetail and bear if I draw the tag.
You could build a dozen heads like that with the glue in broadhead adapters and sleeves from Ethics along with your choice of glue on heads for what 3 of the Iron Wills cost. IW makes a great head, but at $40/apiece it's getting out of hand.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

bobinmi

WKR
You could build a dozen heads like that with the glue in broadhead adapters and sleeves from Ethics along with your choice of glue on heads for what 3 of the Iron Wills cost. IW makes a great head, but at $40/apiece it's getting out of hand.

Things are worth what people are willing to pay. I'll pay for them. I like the design and I like the iron will broadheads a lot. I have no doubt that the job could be done with a zwickey or any other cheap head but I like the premium stuff. I stayed plenty warm with my old goodwill prostaff cotton/wool hodge podge of hunting clothing in the past as well, but I'm not getting rid of my kryptek anytime soon either.

TaterTot

Lil-Rokslider

40 bucks is what it costs me to take my kids to McDonald's.

GreenNDark Timber

Lil-Rokslider
As more and more premium high priced heads come out I find myself going the opposite direction and go back to Zwickey Deltas. I've used quite a few different heads from high priced to low priced and honestly just haven't seen much difference. The Deltas hold up great, leave just as good or better blood trails, and I can get them razor sharp by hand. The only downside of them is they take a little elbow grease on the front end to get the bevels like I want them. But for the cost I'd expect a little trade off. Plus, there's just something about seeing that green on the end of my arrow that gives me confidence.

Tradguy

FNG
I’ll be curious to see your results! I have a grip of the old Carbon Express Piledriver broadheads, and these Mars ones look exactly like them. If they’re the same thing (which I think is a possibility) you’ll have a real gem of a cheap head there!
I have been hunting with the carbon express piledriver 150 grain heads the last couple of seasons and I love those things for the cost, bought several packs of them from 3 rivers archery when they had them on sale. They work perfect on whitetails! I'll have to give the Mars ones a try, thanks for the heads up.

Tartan

WKR
I'm getting 2 new bows set up for this year. Once I have them figured out I'll be getting a couple of the new Iron Will Solid Wides.

If RMS releases their wide version of the cutthroat, I'll probably stock up on some of those as well.

Beendare

WKR
Re BHs .
i’m going to try and shoot a couple hogs with my light target bow and my hunting bow with the cheap heads Just for the heck of it.

I covered some miles last week to test it the problem was I couldn’t find any hogs.

TaterTot

Lil-Rokslider
You should ask him how many teenagers he has.

Two male teenage athletes can eat $40 worth of McDonald’s no problem! My son was drinking a gallon of milk a day when he was about 16.

So you have that to look forward to....grin

Haha they are still young but growing fast. When I was a teen I had 3 younger brothers and my mom had to buy a second fridge for the basement just for milk. We could crush 4 liters a day.

pdk25

FNG
We didn't go out to eat much when I was a kid because of the cost , even back then. I was allowed to drink as much mikl and eat as much white bread as I wanted to keep from being hungry. Everyday after school I ate half a loaf of bread and drank a half gallon of milk. Back then you could get 10 loaves of bread for a dollar. Can't remember the price of milk.