2021 California Bear

OP
David Gough
There goes plan D-F… that fire is about to burn through one of my old go to spots. Took the day off work to get everything out of my family cabin up there. Dropped a couple trees, put sheetmetal over the vents, and cleaned up the 50 foot defensible space. Hoping the winds don’t shift like forecasted and it keeps burning north.
At this point I'm going to go hunt on the edge of the burn of plan A. Then wander around until I find a bear...or not.

Sorry to hear about your cabin. Hope the fire moves the other direction. Gives us some perspective. The bears will be there later or next season...and more of them.

There goes plan D-F… that fire is about to burn through one of my old go to spots. Took the day off work to get everything out of my family cabin up there. Dropped a couple trees, put sheetmetal over the vents, and cleaned up the 50 foot defensible space. Hoping the winds don’t shift like forecasted and it keeps burning north.
Yeah I'm somewhere in plan D-E right now. I've got three C zone and D zone "go to" deer spots that have all burned and was hoping to fill my bear tag there too. Who knows what will happen in another month.

According to the CalFire Caldor Fire map, there is now a massive dozer line directly through the spot I had planned to hunt. Not the general area or nearby, but the exact clearing/drainage I was going to sit on :poop:

Wags

WKR
Yeah it’s been truly tragic what’s happening to so many. The loss of homes , businesses and habitat are devastating.

OP
David Gough
My bow is still in the shop, so my archery season is over regardless. Hoping someone from here found a bear before the forest closures.