2021 CO Big Game Brochure is out

gburk

WKR
No new hunt codes will be added to the list after 1pm each Wednesday.
Makes it sound like they’ll randomly add codes between 11-1? More likely they’re accounting for delays in updating the list some time not exactly at 11? Either way it’ll be a mess

Ucsdryder

WKR
Cpw is crazy. They’re going to preview every week. What day do we hear more whining and complaining than the rest of the year combined from Colorado big game hunters?! The answer is the first Tuesday in August when everyone tries for a few tags. It’s going to be ground hog day! Everyone will preview, everyone will try to get a tag, 1 person will get it. 5000 guys will complain. Good job cpw. Someone really thought that one through!

OP
F

fishslap

WKR
No new hunt codes will be added to the list after 1pm each Wednesday.
Makes it sound like they’ll randomly add codes between 11-1? More likely they’re accounting for delays in updating the list some time not exactly at 11? Either way it’ll be a mess
I’m also not sure exactly how they’ll be added - all at 11, all at some point between 11 and 1, or randomly spread out. The guys who aren’t at a computer or able to respond on their phone all day got their way.

PassCreek

FNG
I’m also not sure exactly how they’ll be added - all at 11, all at some point between 11 and 1, or randomly spread out. The guys who aren’t at a computer or able to respond on their phone all day got their way.

They're going to be released at 11 normally. They're just giving themselves wiggle room so if the system is down. They want to have an out if that guy takes off work expecting a license to be available at 11 and it isn't.

sndmn11

WKR
Why the banana sandwiches for brains are they opening OTC sales at the same time as the first leftover list sales?

I like the preview, but they should give all of Tuesday to apply for a random drawing, have the drawing Thursday and then keep going until all the seasons are over. That solves a lot of complaints, keeps people out of license stores satisfyimg Covid, and keeps people from missing a day or two out of their normal life.

PassCreek

FNG
Why the banana sandwiches for brains are they opening OTC sales at the same time as the first leftover list sales?
People would come in for a Leftover license and want to buy OTC too and then told they had to come back next week? Just a guess though.

@sndmn11 I also like the idea of a random draw on leftovers/reissues. I hadn't thought of that myself.

It's not like it could be more of a goat show than any of their recent processes.

sndmn11

WKR
People would come in for a Leftover license and want to buy OTC too and then told they had to come back next week? Just a guess though.

If the website had the capacity to handle the traffic, it makes sense. It never has, and it likely never will anytime soon. So, now instead of someone finding their tag home and exiting the site, you're going to have a gaggle times 100 folks remaining to try and check out with their OTC tag.

I like the leftover tag idea but I wish they would come up with a different way of releasing them. It’s a night mare every year but I don’t know or have any ideas of how they can.