2021 colorado guide options

My brother and I are looking to send our Dad on a guided elk hunt for his 60th birthday in 2021. He has hunted elk with his brother for 20 years in Colorado and has taken numerous cows but has never had the fortune of taking a bull. Others in camp have killed a few rags but the one year he had a 6x6 lined up was the year their group app was messed up and they all wound up with cow tags!

This being said I'm not looking for a trophy unit as the first decent bull that came in would get dropped and be a trophy to him.

So my ask to my fellow roksliders is do any of you have recommendations of a good outfitter in a CO OTC or 1 NR point unit, or another non PP state that would have a good chance of showing him a great time and getting him a good chance at a 5x5 or 6x6 bull. Ideally in my mind I'd like to get him on a 270-300 inch bull but that might be stretching it in an OTC unit idk.

Please comment or P.M. if you have any outfitters you have used that you would recommend. I'm researching but figured I might as well ask the crew here! Price range is probably $6000 or less for the guide if that helps.

cmbbulldog

Lil-Rokslider
505-350-1396

Owners of Archery Shoppe in Albuquerque, NM
Archeryshoppe.biz

Mark and Gina Chavez DBA Hunt New Mexico LLC

try these guys

sndmn11

WKR

Or use this site http://coloradooutfitters.org/find-your-outfitter.php

OP
S

Or use this site http://coloradooutfitters.org/find-your-outfitter.php

Thanks sndman11. . . Do you have experience with any of these people? I can find lists and lists of outfitters, and I'm making some calls to do my own work. I just thought I'd ask and see if anyone has good experience with someone that they would recommend using again.

If you've used all these guys please let me know what you like and didn't like about a few.

sndmn11

WKR
All but one is a customer, that one is involved in many other things around the state and a great bunch of folks. All run their operation like a full time business and not a side gig or hobby.

OP
S
All but one is a customer, that one is involved in many other things around the state and a great bunch of folks. All run their operation like a full time business and not a side gig or hobby.
Awesome thanks!

Last year I hunted with Hellander Outfitters out of Meeker, CO. Awesome guides, great shot opportunities on bulls and in your price range. I booked with them again this year!