2021 Easton arrows no more injections and now axis 4mm

I really liked the Injexion arrows I used this year. But deep 6 components were annoying and limited. I think I'll be sticking with 5mm Axis with HIT and collar until some of you more experienced guys start giving rave reviews for the half-outs/outserts. HIT with collar seems hard to beat.

xFREDx

Lil-Rokslider
I really liked the Injexion arrows I used this year. But deep 6 components were annoying and limited. I think I'll be sticking with 5mm Axis with HIT and collar until some of you more experienced guys start giving rave reviews for the half-outs/outserts. HIT with collar seems hard to beat.
on my ximpact 200 spine and 250 spine i have tried the ethics systems with full aluminum post and steel sleeves, the day six system with aluminum post and steel sleeve and the IW deep six hit system. the IW system was the easiest as you don't have to worry to much about wobbling if the ends are squared. the Day six were the next easiest since the collar screws onto the half out you don't have to worry about tolerance stacking much. once you get the half out spinning good it is excellent. With the ethics system you could have tolerance stacking that is more of a pain. it could be the half out, it could be the collar or a combination of both. All have been extremely durable and once they set squared no issues i had. I wish there were more deep 6 BH's available.

three5x5s

WKR
I posted this in another thread, Trophy Taker made some A-Tacs broadheads with a longer shaft, .166 glue in, no threads. I didn't buy any while I could and of course, cant find them now. . Hoping Iron Will or Day 6 will make a few. I'm short draw low poundage so I doubt I would have a failure with the Deep Six system. But it never hurts to have better. You can see them on this 2015 ATA show video.

buggz

FNG
Are you talking about the all carbon Injexions, or all of them?

Asking as I got a test build from South Shore Archery,
- Easton 4mm FMJ Injexion - 340
carbon inside, aluminum outside
Are these also discontinued?

CNP Mike

FNG
Are you talking about the all carbon Injexions, or all of them?

Asking as I got a test build from South Shore Archery,
- Easton 4mm FMJ Injexion - 340
carbon inside, aluminum outside
Are these also discontinued?
Carbon injexions. Still sell the FMJ’s.

Can we talk about half-outs on these new 4mm Axis arrows for a minute? My experience with half-outs from several manufacturers leaves something to be desired. My gripes are the wobbling and durability. On a couple of occasions I've bent a half out by hitting one of the support rods in an old 3D target (I'd like to tell you that I was dropping bombs at 100yds and that's why I hit a support rod but unfortunately the two times that I can vividly remember were sunny, calm days goofing around at 50yds...so there's that). For this reason I switched to 5mm Axis with 50gr brass inserts and the IW sleeve system and this worked for me...arrows spin great and seem at least as durable (if not more so) than the half-outs I was using. I didn't bend any components hitting support bars (happened at least once!) but I didn't go around shooting cinder blocks either. All that said, I'm curious about the new 4mm Axis and I see that Easton is offering a titanium half-out which is more what I'm looking for weight-wise. Has anyone tried the titanium half-out? How about SS half-outs?

TheViking

WKR
I’ve shot the 55 grain titanium half outs. They’re actually really tough, but they’re still a half out at the end of the day. Hard angled impacts will bend them, or you’ll have a sidewall blowout.

Supposedly the new aluminum 50 grain ones that comes stock with these has a little lip on it that goes over the shaft a touch. This should help with durability for sure.

I’m going to be doing a deep six build with these using Iron Will components. Even though the deep six threads aren’t as strong as 8-32, I think this will be the most durable using the IW system. I’ve learned my lesson with outserts, I’ve bent too many on hard hits that I don’t think I would’ve bent using a HIT system. Outserts just put a ton of leverage on the end of the arrow, it’s only a matter of time before you bend it.

Ethics all stainless steel would be another great option. Probably the strongest, but I can’t afford to put 250+ grains up front on my builds.

I’ve shot the 55 grain titanium half outs. They’re actually really tough, but they’re still a half out at the end of the day. Hard angled impacts will bend them, or you’ll have a sidewall blowout.

Supposedly the new aluminum 50 grain ones that comes stock with these has a little lip on it that goes over the shaft a touch. This should help with durability for sure.

I’m going to be doing a deep six build with these using Iron Will components. Even though the deep six threads aren’t as strong as 8-32, I think this will be the most durable using the IW system. I’ve learned my lesson with outserts, I’ve bent too many on hard hits that I don’t think I would’ve bent using a HIT system. Outserts just put a ton of leverage on the end of the arrow, it’s only a matter of time before you bend it.

Ethics all stainless steel would be another great option. Probably the strongest, but I can’t afford to put 250+ grains up front on my builds.
That's good color on the titanium and aluminum. I'm assuming the lip you're referring to is similar to a Gold Tip half-out. This durability issue is annoying to me. On one hand I think it's pretty unlikely that I'll have a durability issue on an animal but on the other hand I'd rather not chew through $15-$20 arrows if I can avoid it.

I used Deep Six a few years back and the only complaint I had was reaching into my bag of tricks and pulling out 9 standard thread components/broadheads/fieldpoints/small game points/etc. for every 1 Deep Six.

CNP Mike

FNG

Ethics all stainless steel would be another great option. Probably the strongest, but I can’t afford to put 250+ grains up front

I’ve been flinging deep six for a bit and have no issues with an Iron Will system. I’ve got a dozen of these on order with some IW collars waiting at home to pair them with. I’ve been impatiently waiting.

xFREDx

Lil-Rokslider
i think the most durable would be the deep six system from IW for these. If you want to use standard thread then i would look towards day six inserts on these or ethics. Both would depend on how much weight you want. if you cannot do all steel, i would suggest the aluminum post with steel collar and try to get the full size on the post. Same goes with the day six but you are not supposed to cut the day six inserts.

deadend88

Lil-Rokslider
Easton uses a process they call pulltrusion which doesn't have a seam and gives a pretty consistent spine all the way around. These will be made from a higher modulus carbon, so have a slightly thinner wall and lower GPI. Iron Will Deep Six HIT inserts and Collars will fit these new 4mm shafts for those that want to reduce run-out tolerances and build strength into the end of their arrow instead of adding it on the front. I will be testing these myself. I like that they added the 250 and 300 spines options and the resulting total arrow weights I can get from these.
Bill, once you've tested, will you update your component matrix by spine for ordering purposes?

buggz

FNG
Yes, I'll be updating our Impact Collar arrow compatibility chart to include the 4mm Axis Long Range along with a lot of other .204 and .165/.166 arrows soon.
From another thread:
FYI, as I am sure you are probably aware,

I just successfully removed a factory outsert from a Victory VAP SS Elite shaft.
I confirm that the Iron Will impact collar from one of my Easton 4mm FMJ Injexion shaft fits perfectly.
So, I am guessing any 4mm HIT insert will work also.

I have been using a butane torch for my arrow duties.
However, I am thinking a heat gun with adjustable heat setting and digital readout would
be the more safe solution for the arrow, and for not having an open flame.

emmagator

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone been playing around with these. Additional outsert combos? im thinking about pulling the trigger on a half dozen to mess with.

Any idea if the titanium half out will fit the new long range? I have a bunch of them already from shooting the Injexion 330....It seems the new half out comes in various sizes, but the Titanium is only sold in one? BTW the titanium half out is super tough...I have seen lots of speculation about half outs aren't as good as say the IW system....but I have only broken one after lots of hard impacts....BTW the insert wasn't harmed just the arrow.

Zac

WKR
Yes they will fit perfectly. The IW components will do a better job of protecting your arrows than the half out. The half out produces excessive run out and increases the risk or shearing on a hard lateral impact.

Zac, great news thank you. I agree the IW is slightly better...I am a huge IW fan and love his products. That said, I have had GREAT luck with the titanium half outs and they are really, really tough...plus I already own a bunch of them! Also, my understanding is to use Bills system in the 4mm shaft I would have to use deep six broadheads...I already have a bunch of standard V100s and dont want to have to buy more. Thanks again...

Zac

WKR
Zac, great news thank you. I agree the IW is slightly better...I am a huge IW fan and love his products. That said, I have had GREAT luck with the titanium half outs and they are really, really tough...plus I already own a bunch of them! Also, my understanding is to use Bills system in the 4mm shaft I would have to use deep six broadheads...I already have a bunch of standard V100s and dont want to have to buy more. Thanks again...
Sure man, the half outs are still a quality product. I used them myself when I shot Injexions.

Loganck97

FNG
Good to hear you like the titaniums. I'm looking at using them with a 250 spine axis long range. How did they line up to the diameter of your carbon injexions? I'm worried the OD of the 250 spine will be wider then the OD of the end of the outsert that sits flush with the arrow.
Any idea if the titanium half out will fit the new long range? I have a bunch of them already from shooting the Injexion 330....It seems the new half out comes in various sizes, but the Titanium is only sold in one? BTW the titanium half out is super tough...I have seen lots of speculation about half outs aren't as good as say the IW system....but I have only broken one after lots of hard impacts....BTW the insert wasn't harmed just the arrow.