2021 Easton arrows no more injections and now axis 4mm

Pramo

WKR
Just got an email from Easton and I looked at the 2021 arrows, injexions are gone and they moved to axis 4mm with 50 grain aluminum outserts included. Seems like a good arrow if they have the same spine consistency injexions did.

Only other note is they now have normal spine sizes 250, 300 etc.

Reactions: Zac

OR Archer

WKR
My only bitch about that is the gpi is lower. I currently shoot the 280 Injexions and they’re quite a bit heavier than the 250s.

Zac

WKR
I would have thought they would be heavier. This makes no sense to me.

TheViking

WKR
Why is this a bad thing? Better technology can make an arrow lighter but remain just as tough. Lower GPI means you can also add more weight in the front for better FOC and come out with the same weight at the end.

I’d personally use the Ethics Outserts with them they make a .240 and a .245 for the 300 and 250 spine.

I talked to a guy who has been shooting these all fall and said they are AWESOME and even more durable that the Injexions. I questioned it too, as I’m a huge fan of the Injexions.

These personally make me excited because the 280 spine was on the light side unless I cut the shaft as short as I could. The 250 will suit my needs better.

Zac

WKR
Not saying it's bad. It's just part of reducing the internal diameter of a shaft. Traditionally the lightest GPI shafts are .246 diameters. As you go down the line the 204s and 166's gain weight. My guess is they are using a different resin than the 5mm shafts. Or possibly a different type of carbon.

OP
Pramo

Pramo

WKR
I've shot axis 300s with brass inserts for years but even with match grade I get an arrow or three that will not tune where my injections always had better spine.

I'm a dirt bag so I'll wait on reports for the new arrows and try and scoop up injections on closeout

I’m really looking forward to the Axis Long Range. I’ve been begging for a lower GPI Injexion series arrow for years. Was debating on going to the Goldtip Pierce Platinum or VAP TKO’s since dropping down to 65# limbs paired with my shorter draw length. Unfortunately my Easton Injexions where just too heavy for the drop in poundage ever since my shoulder injury from BJJ.

Super siked to see how’s these do and if they will be a better route over the GT or VAP’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Zac

WKR
I’m really looking forward to the Axis Long Range. I’ve been begging for a lower GPI Injexion series arrow for years. Was debating on going to the Goldtip Pierce Platinum or VAP TKO’s since dropping down to 65# limbs paired with my shorter draw length. Unfortunately my Easton Injexions where just too heavy for the drop in poundage ever since my shoulder injury from BJJ.

Super siked to see how’s these do and if they will be a better route over the GT or VAP’s.

This will probably be a better option than both of those if they build them the same way they put together the 5mm arrow. I can't remember the term but I believe the Axis line is one of the only non wrap and roll carbon shafts out there.

This will probably be a better option than both of those if they build them the same way they put together the 5mm arrow. I can't remember the term but I believe the Axis line is one of the only non wrap and roll carbon shafts out there.

Non wrap and roll? Could you go a little more in depth? Sounds interesting. I don’t know much about arrow manufacturing other than I’ve been extremely happy with all things Easton for near a decade now.

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Easton uses a process they call pulltrusion which doesn't have a seam and gives a pretty consistent spine all the way around. These will be made from a higher modulus carbon, so have a slightly thinner wall and lower GPI. Iron Will Deep Six HIT inserts and Collars will fit these new 4mm shafts for those that want to reduce run-out tolerances and build strength into the end of their arrow instead of adding it on the front. I will be testing these myself. I like that they added the 250 and 300 spines options and the resulting total arrow weights I can get from these.

TheViking

WKR
Easton uses a process they call pulltrusion which doesn't have a seam and gives a pretty consistent spine all the way around. These will be made from a higher modulus carbon, so have a slightly thinner wall and lower GPI. Iron Will Deep Six HIT inserts and Collars will fit these new 4mm shafts for those that want to reduce run-out tolerances and build strength into the end of their arrow instead of adding it on the front. I will be testing these myself. I like that they added the 250 and 300 spines options and the resulting total arrow weights I can get from these.

Definitely agree with it being a great candidate for your deep six system. I’m highly considering it.

300 spine arrow around 28”, 200 grains upfront (100g Broadhead, 75 hit, 25 collar), 3 fletch is around 500ish grains and 16%+ FOC. Pretty killer setup out of a 70# bow and 29.5” draw.

Zac

WKR
Bill FTW on explaining stuff😁

Zac

WKR
Bill what are your thoughts on the Easton Procomp?

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Bill what are your thoughts on the Easton Procomp?
I haven't used them myself but I've heard good things about them. I think with the aluminum core, you get better straightness and spine consistency in general making them a very accurate arrow. The trade-off for me is that aluminum can be bent and I put arrows through a lot of abuse testing broadheads. With the carbon over aluminum, I don't think they would bend very easily and probably make a nice hunting arrow.

Reactions: Zac

xFREDx

Lil-Rokslider
I am looking forward to trying these out next year. I plan on pairing them with the IW system. The 250 spine has a thicker wall than the 260 spine 5mm axis, with that and being they are an easton axis they should be plenty durable for most anything.