2021 Five Bow Showdown Review, By Jimmy Tippetts!

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know many people who shoot their bow as much as Jimmy @Slim Jim Tippetts. For years, he's been shooting Hoyt bows but after having some issues decided it was time to try something new. With that in mind, he tested out a bunch and whittled them down to a top-five list. His review covers his testing criteria and how he settled on the winner. Check it out if you're considering a new bow for 2021.

2021 Bow Showdown Review

I’m surprised speed wasn’t a factor, particularly because it’s objective. Also, the Elite picture (for what it’s worth) is not of the EnKore. EnKore has a tunable roller guard which I noticed was missing from the photo, plus the bow in the photo had yolks top and bottom.

@StraightWayOutdoors
Straight Way Outdoors, Fulcrum Archery, Elite Archery, Upwind Odor Elimination, Wicked Twisted Bowstrings

DOMMA

FNG
Thank you
They are all plenty fast enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Many would like the fastest bow they can shoot with a comfortable draw and reasonable BH. There is a reason that the speed is included in every advertisement. If comparing two bows and they are similar but one is 10fps faster, most take the faster bow.

Bbell12

WKR
So what did you do about the grip on the PSE? Also, what's the difference between the NTN and the NXT model? Seems they're almost the same.

Thanks for the great review!

So what did you do about the grip on the PSE? Also, what's the difference between the NTN and the NXT model? Seems they're almost the same.

Can't speak for the author, but I'm pretty sure the grip can be removed with just one screw. I think Dudley in one of his videos made it seem like the riser beneath the grip was designed/shaped to be used as a grip itself. But I might be misremembering that

LoganT

FNG
Despite your misgivings it would’ve been good to shoot the new Hoyt. I shot them all and the Ventum 33 really won me over. But hard to go wrong with any of the new offerings

Slim Jim

WKR

I took the grip off and used black athletic tape. The difference between the two bows is very little. Dudley just improved on a few things. The NTN has a double bolt pattern for your rest to mount for more consistent stability. A wider shelf on the riser for use of wider launcher blades. A cable lock for the roller guard and the direct drive rest cord connector for fall away rests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BucksNBulls

Lil-Rokslider
Nice review, I ended up with the Solution. I felt the same about String angle as you did but I was also using a thumb release as you are in the picture. That is the release I use with my SR6 and it anchors great. I was having a hard time finding a good anchor with the thumb on the Solution so I switched to using my index. For some reason the index anchors perfect with the Solution so that is the release I will be using. I shoot both releases just as well so It's not really an issue for me.