2021 Gardens

cnelk

WKR
Who’s got their 2021 garden going?

A couple weeks ago I cleaned out the chicken coop and run and tilled it in my big garden.

Today I planted all my root stuff - carrots, garlic, potatoes, onions.

In a couple weeks I’ll plant my tomatoes and peppers in a small garden

308A0B4D-191B-48C7-B366-C99DD8A0B9C7.jpegAC0B670B-4E54-45DE-A2C4-379DA28ACA10.jpeg5F6411A7-D580-477A-A082-6648C6089A88.jpeg

Dcrafton

WKR
03beab224237f2a439b556bc0e4beba0.jpg

Just got it tilled,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are high tunnels? We grow 12 plants on stakes and get enough to last us till summer. I plan on getting water walls this year to help during that first month.
They are a non-heated greenhouse that extends your growing season by a month in the spring and fall. We sell commercially and there is a good chance that you've seen our tomatoes in your local grocery if you live in the intermountain west.

jfs82

WKR
I've got:
peppers (Habanero, thai birds eye, fresno, poblano)
strawberries
eggplant
just dug up winter potatoes and replanted seed potatoes
cucumber
tomatoes
carrot
blueberry bushes from last year
and herbs in the ground so far (mostly raised beds and planter bags)

Likely to add in a little corn and melon

Edit:
Added more poblanos, tomatillos, golden melon yesterday

Last edited:

netman

WKR
Just a hour ago my wife and I put in 30 tomatoes, 8 pepper plants, 8 cauliflower, 6 brussel sprouts, onions.
We have strawberries that my honey bees are working over. Blueberry bushes that are blooming. Blackberries are starting to bloom.
We’ll plant okra shortly.
I have seven bee hives beside the garden. It was testy today planting with all the bees buzzing around.

netman

WKR
Oh yeah we have our kitchen garden with herbs right now. Oregano, lemon balm, mint and cilantro . We are planting Thai basil in it shortly.
We love beef pho.

AZ8

WKR
Got everything going with seeds indoors now. Nice little veggies coming up nicely. Still too cold here at 7,000 feet. Calling for 1-3 inches of snow tomorrow and night time temps still drop to the low 20’s.

We won‘t transplant until Memorial Day. We can get frost into June.

I planted mine last fall with Rye Grass. Seems like I never have time to deal with it come harvest time and I just give everything away.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I used to have an acre and a half garden, and I won't even eat the vegetables. I just enjoy growing them and giving them away. But now here at 6300 feet our growing season is shorter, water is more scarce (water restrictions), it's ridiculously expensive, and sandy loam with clay soil is horrible for growing vegetables or a lawn.

jlnft

FNG
I'm starting ours second week of May. We live in Kentucky and started too early last year... got burned pretty good!

WKR
Got everything going with seeds indoors now. Nice little veggies coming up nicely. Still too cold here at 7,000 feet. Calling for 1-3 inches of snow tomorrow and night time temps still drop to the low 20’s.

We won‘t transplant until Memorial Day. We can get frost into June.
Yeah, still snowing here too lol.
Our currently unused home office is full of starts for 6 weeks now.
We just do a bucket garden on our deck and at this rate I figure I'll get them on the deck around June and then lose everything in an august frost event....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk