2021 Honda Pioneer 1000-3 Cabin Heat Issues

packer58

WKR
Just purchased the P-1000 3, talking to the sales guy about the known cab heat issues on the older models i asked if Honda had fixed the issue. He said that they have and shouldn't worry about it...........So, anyone out there with a new P-1000 that could share their first hand experience weather or not Honda has actually addressed the issue.

Thanks

I have the 1000-5. It’s hot even with their “fix.” Check out the Honda pioneer or sxs forums. Lots of info putting bilge fans and radiator fans. I got rid of roof and full windshield and replaced with alien shade and wind deflector. Long story short you’re sitting on an engine. It’s hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
P

packer58

WKR
Crap....that's not what i wanted to hear. My plan is to run the half wind screen during archery season and full in the fall and winter.

Beendare

WKR
Yeah my one rancher buddy has a 5 year old one and you cook in the passenger seat. He fabbed a heat shield which helped but still hot

trazerr

Lil-Rokslider
My dad has a 2019 (I think) 1000-5 with top, windshield, back windshield, etc. He mainly uses it in the summer and hasnt had any heat issues that I know of. I want to say he did have Honda do the "heat fix" but I am not quite sure. I have driven it around in the heat of eastern OR with no issues at all. Yeah, it gets a bit warm when you are going extremely slow, but we rarely are. Like ryjack said you are sitting right above the engine like most SxS's. Nature of the beast. However, we have never noticed the seat getting really hot. Maybe his dealer did a better job at protecting the cab from the heat.

I have a 2021 1k5, I cut out a windshield sunscreen and put it between the seat and the motor. I have a Honda top, middle screen and half windshield and I haven't noticed any serious heat yet. I'm actually hoping there is some heat for December muzzy hunts.

wyosteve

WKR
Interesting thread. I just sold my 2014 Can Am Commander primarily because of the heat and noise from the engine. Have a 2021 on order that is supposed to have improved those issues. I didn't realize Honda had similar problems.

OP
P

packer58

WKR
Speaking with my dealer he claims Honda has "opened up the front" for better air flow and heat dispersion. Time will tell i guess, don't really want to install fans and blowers to keep it comfortable in the summer months. I'll get a chance to run it a bit this weekend looking at antelope, will report back.........hopefully positive..

NEWAoutdoors

Lil-Rokslider
We have the 1000-5 and i was shocked how much heat it puts out. Just like having seat heaters you cant turn off. It is great in the winter though

OP
P

packer58

WKR
I'd be curious to now if the foot wells in the bed for the back seats have anything to do with trapping the engine heat ???

Crap....that's not what i wanted to hear. My plan is to run the half wind screen during archery season and full in the fall and winter.

That’s a really good idea and I do the same with a lot of help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
P

packer58

WKR
Well, was out all day monday and didn't get uncomfortable at all with the engine heat. Yesterday I put a half windshield in it and soon will have a roof so we'll see how it goes.........

GotDraw?

WKR
Am amused: "...I asked the salesman if they fixed the problem..."

Question: How do you know a salesman is blowing smoke up your ass? His lips are moving

Check with the user groups for posts on this topic, or better yet, post your question to actual users that don't have a vested interest in your money and get actual user feedback.

I have a 2016 P1000-5 with full cab. It gets hot, even with the Honda fix. I bought some foil faced self adhesive foam and applied it to the seat bottom and the backreat. That actually seems to have helped.
These units also blow a ton of heat from the radiator through the shift lever slots.
And if you hit water the cab becomes a full on sauna.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk