2021 Hoyt

Aces11

Lil-Rokslider
I used the Lancaster shim kit. Worked great. It has more sizes than the Hoyt kit

here is a group from 115 yards tonight. Decided to shoot far for the fun and see how it groups

Thanks for the input!

That is a sweet group! Love shooting mine, can’t wait to get it dialed in.

Aces11

Lil-Rokslider
I received the Lancaster kit today. Ended up tinkering with a couple different shim combos. I had it shooting bare shaft bullet holes in about and hour and fifteen minutes. Would have taken a lot less time if I had the cool tool to hold the shims like the archery shop has. Overall it was pretty easy to do though.

OP
Hoot

Hoot

WKR
I ended up buying an rx5 ultra! I started everything in spec, except center shot, I set that at 25/32” as some friends had been having them tune a little inside. Bare shafts at 20 were right there but knock high, at 30 they were hitting low, bumped up my rest a hair and things were close enough for me. Fletched arrows at 60 I could tell were a little knock right in flight, moved my rest back to 13/16” and everything was shooting well. Shot for a week or so to dial in my sight tape, feeling pretty good so today I shot broadheads. Shot 1 at 40 and followed up with a fp, chipped a blade on a new iw. Hit the dot at 60 and 70, I’m liking this bow so far, I was a bit skeptical without yokes, but this one is a shooter!6E2CD179-AD89-457A-B0A0-868A893995F3.jpeg

Zac

WKR
I ended up buying an rx5 ultra! I started everything in spec, except center shot, I set that at 25/32” as some friends had been having them tune a little inside. Bare shafts at 20 were right there but knock high, at 30 they were hitting low, bumped up my rest a hair and things were close enough for me. Fletched arrows at 60 I could tell were a little knock right in flight, moved my rest back to 13/16” and everything was shooting well. Shot for a week or so to dial in my sight tape, feeling pretty good so today I shot broadheads. Shot 1 at 40 and followed up with a fp, chipped a blade on a new iw. Hit the dot at 60 and 70, I’m liking this bow so far, I was a bit skeptical without yokes, but this one is a shooter!View attachment 304332
Same here's mine at 60 with a Evolution Outdoors fixed blade.

Attachments

• 20210624_130806.jpg
    20210624_130806.jpg
    361.9 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

MadMarkie

FNG
My Ventum 33 has been great so far! Working on getting it dialed in perfectly...

Skunked on rifle tags in AZ this year, so I decided an over the counter deer tag would keep me occupied. Haven't hunted with a bow in 25 years, and the new equipment is amazing to say the least! Shot everything in the local shop that had a long ATA, and ended up with a Ventum 33 at 30.5" and 70lb. Black Gold Ascent Verdict on a picatinny base, Hamskea Trinity Hunter, Tight Spot quiver, B3 Hawk release, a dozen Axis 5mm 300 later I'm up and running :cool:

Tuning has been a bit of an adventure.... but I think I'm on my way to awesome arrow flight. A persistent R tail BS motivated a trip to the shop to move the bottom cam right by switching the gray shims, but I think it needs a little more to get BS perfectly parallel at 20-30 yd. My "center shot" is about 1/8" left to keep things perfect (so 15/16" from the riser), but it looks kinda wonky. The top cam could use just a hair of L lean and the bottom needs even less R... I have a LCA press inbound, but no black shims or otherwise to work with. I'm thinking about the shim kit from Lancaster to get cams parallel at 13/16 and hopefully flying perfect.... if anyone has a half kit they want to part with, let me know!

It could also be nock fit and/or pinch, so I have some D-loop material and different nocks inbound to play with. The X nocks that came with the Axis seem a bit tight, and the D-loop the shop installed has no soft knot nocks at all, so I'm suspicious.

Hope to have it all sorted out by December so I can spend some quality time out there in the desert!

MattB

WKR
Just got an RX-5 and it tuned up really nicely. I was getting a bit of tail left with BS’s at various distances even though they were hitting with the fletched shafts. Screwed on some VPA 125 gr 3 blades (not a very forgiving BH) and they were hitting right with my field points out to 50.

I am impressed with just how quiet these bows are, night and day vs my 2020 ultra turbo.