2021 Montana Elk Draw

bsnedeker

WKR
I probably wasn't clear.

I thought maybe the reprints would be free again like last year since it's just printer paper but the person at Sportsman's said there was a fee. I've not confirmed it by needing a reprint. I don't think the vendors are even used to this set up. Walmart printed my son's in the wrong direction, so instead of each license being roughly 3.5 by 8.5. they were around 2.5 by 5.5 and I could barely make out the watermark.
I was actually wondering the same thing. They were free last year, but they said that was due to all the FWP offices being closed by covid. Even so, when I did have a couple tags reprinted last year the folks at Cabella's were VERY confused and had clearly not heard about this at all.

Classic FWP!

Maybe it's been mentioned, but I just drew New Mexico tag. Can you return to Montana tag and save your points?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

MT257

WKR
Maybe it's been mentioned, but I just drew New Mexico tag. Can you return to Montana tag and save your points?

Pretty sure you can turn the tag in but don’t think you’ll get your points back.

CMF

WKR

You get an 80% refund, I'm not sure on points.
Wife and I got MT combo tags and my son just drew a NM youth muzzy elk tag.
I think we'll be able to pull off both, but if I draw WY bison, MT tags will have to go back.

PaBone

Lil-Rokslider
My buddy didn't draw a general elk combo tag and when he called the Montana FWP they told him he would be guaranteed to draw a cow tag later. Does anyone know if this is correct?

GOnDEEP

Lil-Rokslider
Another big no for this guy but the wifey drew a pretty good Breaks tag. Let the road trips begin.

bsnedeker

WKR
My buddy didn't draw a general elk combo tag and when he called the Montana FWP they told him he would be guaranteed to draw a cow tag later. Does anyone know if this is correct?
That doesn't sound correct to me. The leftover tags for cows are a completely random draw from what I understand, although there is a preference awarded to residents.

That said, there are a LOT of leftover tags and you can apply for all of them so you've got a really good chance of picking one up. Maybe that's what they meant?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

netman

WKR
Getting on the alternate list is very difficult. I’m going to get on but I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone else...just kidding. If you go to your myfwp site you can sign up for the alternate list once the list opens up. I think it’s available May 15th.
That’s what I’m going to do. Last ditch effort 😀

Slim Jim

WKR
I’ll be in Montana chasing elk this September for the first time. Really looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drew a released tag for the second year in a row. All in all I'm 6/6 with drawing, with two coming as released. Had a few other buddies draw, but we're not compatible as hunting partners. Guess I'm going solo again. Anyone from ND want to tag along?

I drew in MT. Big Game Combo. This is my first elk tag. I posted elsewhere about trying to team up with someone (preferably another DIY, 1st-timer, so we're at the same "level"). Just to watch each others' backs in case of bears and help one another out. If anyone's interested PM me. I was leaning archery but could be persuaded to go rifle possibly.

Forgot to mention: I called MT FWP after drawing with some basic questions. In the course of the conversation they said that TEN THOUSAND MORE people applied for general elk licenses this year than last year. Crazy.

PaBone

Lil-Rokslider
I called the Montana FWP yesterday because I choose the option to print my license and can't get logged into their sight, Keeps saying my email doesn't exist for some reason. The guy I talked to said they are mailing the licenses and everyone should receive theirs within 6 weeks.