2021 Montana Elk Draw

PaBone

Lil-Rokslider
I received my elk permit today and it states valid from October 23 to November 28. Is this permit not valid in archery season? Also I'm guessing your elk license is mailed to you later on.

jmav58

WKR
I received my elk permit today and it states valid from October 23 to November 28. Is this permit not valid in archery season? Also I'm guessing your elk license is mailed to you later on.

You’ll need to purchase an archery stamp. Blessing and a curse of the general tag. 6+ weeks of hunting is great, but those elk never really get a break. Just my opinion though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bsnedeker

WKR
Depends on the permit. Some can be used during archery season if you buy the archery license, but some permits are firearms only. You need to look at the regs for the unit you drew.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Rational

FNG
First timer here. We had three applicants and two drew. I was the one who missed out and got my surprisingly smaller than expected refund check in the mail a while ago. Good times.

Packer9037

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone know if MT tends to draw the Elk B licenses in a similar timeframe as the general licenses? Application period for those closed yesterday and I'm wondering if we'll know draw results sometime the week of the 14th?