2021 Montana Elk Draw

Nice,so Montana results are this week? First time i have put in for Montana.looking forward to seeing new country

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
mountainman406
Nice,so Montana results are this week? First time i have put in for Montana.looking forward to seeing new country

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Deer and elk usually draw the week of the 15th(various dates in the past). Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
mountainman406
These results can’t come soon enough!! Im
Betting the draw odds are way down this year

I’m betting the odds are fairly low as well. After missing last year due to Uncle Sam, my fingers are crossed that my dad will draw a non-res combo so we can make some more memories

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Airborne1

Lil-Rokslider
not sure how this one is going to treat me, i am 5/5 so far. eventually my lucks got to run out.

not sure how this one is going to treat me, i am 5/5 so far. eventually my lucks got to run out.
Dam!!! Someone’s been on a hot streak. We put in as a party of 2 with 1 pt each, hoping we draw, Colorado is our backup and we really don’t want to have to go to the backup but we will because we are t staying home!!

Airborne1

Lil-Rokslider
Dam!!! Someone’s been on a hot streak. We put in as a party of 2 with 1 pt each, hoping we draw, Colorado is our backup and we really don’t want to have to go to the backup but we will because we are t staying home!!
Last year we applied as a party, both paid for a preference point and did not draw, but we both got returned tags. Cut it close.

Packer9037

Lil-Rokslider
Guessing odds are lower than last year too...group of 6, 3 first time elk hunters. Hoping we can get at least 3 tags.

Last year we applied as a party, both paid for a preference point and did not draw, but we both got returned tags. Cut it close.
When were you able to get the returned tags? We are going to go that route as well but I can’t seem to find out when you get those tags, best I can see is like early august

Packer9037

Lil-Rokslider
The list for returned tags will go active sometime end of this month/beginning of May. It's on the myFWP site but there are no lists currently available to sign-up for.

The list for returned tags will go active sometime end of this month/beginning of May. It's on the myFWP site but there are no lists currently available to sign-up for.
Oh ok awesome! I was researching it a few night ago and nothing seemed to make sense, I was hoping it was far enough in advance to plan the hunt specifics.

Dcoryn

FNG
I checked once this morning and I'll probably check again in an hour. The suspense is too much this year haha. Ive drawn the last three years in a row so I am mentally prepared to not draw this fall...

Airborne1

Lil-Rokslider
We didnt go through the alternatives list...the tags that people return if they do not draw their permits is the tags we were given. They are automatically handed out. It is classified as "RELEASED" tag. It will look like this on your FWP: GENERAL ELK COMBO (RELEASED)

bsnedeker

WKR
We didnt go through the alternatives list...the tags that people return if they do not draw their permits is the tags we were given. They are automatically handed out. It is classified as "RELEASED" tag. It will look like this on your FWP: GENERAL ELK COMBO (RELEASED)

There are always a TON of questions on this every season. If your tag says "released" you DID draw a general tag!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Packer9037

Lil-Rokslider
I was under the impression you still had to sign-up for the returned tags...is that not true? How do they know to give you a tag if you don't?

Packer9037

Lil-Rokslider
I was under the impression you still had to sign-up for the returned tags...is that not true? How do they know to give you a tag if you don't?
From the Montana site under alternates list:
The Alternates List is an option for nonresident hunters to express interest in purchasing one of the returned licenses mentioned above. A hunter can sign up to purchase their choice of nonresident combination license. Once the list is randomized and a license becomes available, the hunter at the top of the list will be contacted to finalize the purchase of the license.

Airborne1

Lil-Rokslider
There are always a TON of questions on this every season. If your tag says "released" you DID draw a general tag!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I went back through to refresh my memory. Either way as long as I get a tag I am happy.

Post #79