2021 Montana Elk Draw

CMF

WKR
Me and the wife got the big game combo we expected with 2 points, no LE.

My buddy was unsuccessful with 1 point.

StillBald

FNG
When I did the backdoor Excel way this morning, I must have hit them in the middle of the process. Our initial draw was unsuccessful, but when I checked later this afternoon (and now officially since the portal has updated) that unsuccessful is still there, but they added a successful line for a released tag. Still have NM and WY to sort out-- but we're not going to CO this year!!

TheCougar

WKR
Unsuccessful. Went into the draw with 1 point. No to place all my hopes in my 2% NM chances...

Last edited:
When I did the backdoor Excel way this morning, I must have hit them in the middle of the process. Our initial draw was unsuccessful, but when I checked later this afternoon (and now officially since the portal has updated) that unsuccessful is still there, but they added a successful line for a released tag. Still have NM and WY to sort out-- but we're not going to CO this year!!
No Colorado is a nice thing!!

Airborne1

Lil-Rokslider
anyone just read the email from FWP? they said 82,384 residents and 16,650 non residents applied for elk and deer. If that was true all 16,650 NR should of gotten a tag, if they kept true to allocating 17,000 NR tags.....I'm skeptical of those numbers lol. They also said it was a 12.89 and 29.52 percent increase over last year.

Jmort1754

WKR
anyone just read the email from FWP? they said 82,384 residents and 16,650 non residents applied for elk and deer. If that was true all 16,650 NR should of gotten a tag, if they kept true to allocating 17,000 NR tags.....I'm skeptical of those numbers lol. They also said it was a 12.89 and 29.52 percent increase over last year.

We didn’t draw a general deer with 1 point.

mproberts

WKR
From what I understand from this that means that you didn't draw originally, but then when people started surrendering their tags after not drawing an LE you got a released tag, so you got the best of both worlds as you didn't have to use your points. Congrats!
If you got a tag you lose your points. I’ve never seen anything say differently... but congrats man you’re hunting!

Is that elk and deer as in the big game combo? There are far less deer tags so if you out in for the combo and the deer tags are gone you don’t draw