2021 Montana Elk Draw

Riplip

WKR
I didn't even realize that was an option. In that case the explanation seems right on.
It is possible and most likely the reason for the issue described.

I applied with friend who happens to be a resident, so I applied for my general combo tag and created the party application only for the LE permit which we both did not draw because I was unsuccessful in the general tag drawing.

damxam

Lil-Rokslider
No permit for me. And that’s a-ok, I like bouncing around to many areas!

Feare

FNG
Not sure if it is an option or not. Hopefully someone who has deciphered the MT draw mysteries can help us.

So I did the party only in the elk permit, since I didn't get a tag originally I didn't make it to the permit drawing, my partner gets the ex-resident tag so he automatically has a tag so we were told to only due the elk permit party. He got a sweet tag and I got a released general tag, doesn't make much sense, but that's how it played out. Spoke to multiple officials and they weren't certain on it and they went in and checked around and asked others and that's what we were told.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I did the party only in the elk permit, since I didn't get a tag originally I didn't make it to the permit drawing, my partner gets the ex-resident tag so he automatically has a tag so we were told to only due the elk permit party. He got a sweet tag and I got a released general tag, doesn't make much sense, but that's how it played out. Spoke to multiple officials and they weren't certain on it and they went in and checked around and asked others and that's what we were told.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you not want a general tag? Only the LE permit?

Scooter90254

Lil-Rokslider
Maybe someone can help. Boy Montana is confusing.

My 2 person party was successful on the general tag but it says (Released). Unsuccessful in the limited draw.

So did we realease our general tags? Which would be fine because We are in multiple other draws.

Or did we draw a released general tag? Would we be stuck with that tag then?

If we are stuck them I’m sure we will draw New Mexico. Lol.

rambo2345

WKR
You drew a general tag. Prior to Aug. 1 you can turn it back in for a partial refund if you choose not to use the general tag.

Chad E

WKR
Maybe someone can help. Boy Montana is confusing.

My 2 person party was successful on the general tag but it says (Released). Unsuccessful in the limited draw.

So did we realease our general tags? Which would be fine because We are in multiple other draws.

Or did we draw a released general tag? Would we be stuck with that tag then?

If we are stuck them I’m sure we will draw New Mexico. Lol.
You drew released tags. You have options to turn them in but currently your holding general tags that you received because folks who drew general tags but were unsuccessful in limited entry released them.

MattTx

FNG
So it looks like my party drew the big game combo. Should I expect an email soon as well?

I drew the HD 700-20 elk permit. Wouldn't mind exchanging PM's with someone who has a general sense of the area for camping and access.

Britt-dog

Lil-Rokslider
Deer elk combo here. Buddy and his sons didn’t draw. Sounds like applications were up, just like every other state

I didn't draw a deer/elk combo...
Guess I'll just have to use my resident OTC tag
Up to 16 points. Anyone know anyone who drew an Elk Horn tag? How many points?

I did get my post season WT buck tag again though!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk